SAU Community

Im Buying A Stagea S2 Manual

EGA41T

least its still there.

I had both my head unit & dvd stolen, not to mention my surround around the cupholders smashed to pieces on the boat over!!

But in the good side, won't be long til u have it on the road!! :D

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i guess i'll just have to wait and see what other nice surprises the guys at the wharf have left for me.

im told that my car may be ready for shipping to sydney as early as friday (10/03/06) :)

i guess i'll just have to wait and see what other nice surprises the guys at the wharf have left for me.

im told that my car may be ready for shipping to sydney as early as friday (10/03/06) >_<

That's awesome, assuming it proves true!

well i reckon the worst case scenario puts me at having it in my hands by fri 17/03/06.

...I cant wait... if i get it on the 17th it will be four months since i won the car at auction... damn christmas/new years break!

well i reckon the worst case scenario puts me at having it in my hands by fri 17/03/06.

...I cant wait... if i get it on the 17th it will be four months since i won the car at auction... damn christmas/new years break!

i get mine on wednesday hopefully! Delivered to my house (melb) from brisbane.

Any idea what is a normal time frame from auction to delivery?

It rests so much on luck, I am sure people can tell you how long they waited, anywhere from 8 weeks to 5 - 6 months if things go slightly wrong...

Really depends on a lot of unrelated variables falling into place and a lot of different people doing their jobs along the way... From when you buy, when paper work is organised in Japan, when the next ship sales (and your car can actually get on that ship, see previous point), how lucky you are getting through customs, how busy the compliance shop is... Most of it is out of your hands so it's all luck and using the right people along the way as far as timing goes.

Example: I purchased my Stagea on the 26th of Jan this year and it is still sitting on the docks in JP, it should be on a boat on the 18th of March, whoohoo! that's only 2 weeks away!!!

Cheers

Luke

Example: I purchased my Stagea on the 26th of Jan this year and it is still sitting on the docks in JP, it should be on a boat on the 18th of March, whoohoo! that's only 2 weeks away!!!

Cheers

Luke

Hopefully my 2 Stagea's will be on the same boat aswell

The wait sucks!

I AM SHE finished working on my car today. so just have to wait until the compliance plate gets back from canberra and its ready to go.

...although i still have to wait to get my front bar fixed (apparently it has six cracks in it) which is costing me $550 plus getting it painted on top of that :(

...some pics of the front bar

post-25286-1141715102.jpgpost-25286-1141715127.jpgpost-25286-1141715151.jpgpost-25286-1141715178.jpgpost-25286-1141715293.jpgpost-11016-1125141835.jpg

post-25286-1141715313.jpg

Bugger. Can this sort of thing be covered by insurance?

If it was on a Kiwi Car Carriers ship then it "should" be covered. If it wasn't like that when they loaded it and it was damaged either loading or unloading then it "should" be covered under their policy, I was having a read through their site yesterday after the damage was mentioned. There is an Excess attached which is not quoted so that could be more than the cost of the repair, worth looking into of course.

Luke

yeah hopefully i can get reimbursed, i gave SEAWAY a call (they organise a bit of the transport stuff) and sent one of the ladies there an email with photos of before and after the front bar was smashed. i'll find out tomorrow what is happening when i get a call from SEAWAY

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have the car yet??

no still dont have it yet, apparently i might have it early next week.

from what ive heard, TOLL have had some sort of strike thingy and they havnt been picking up any cars for the last two days...just my luck eh

from what ive heard, you cant have anything in the car when it is getting transported...is this true?

That is generally when shipping form Japan

You just can not trust the doggy shipping companies

You should be fine in Aus, just make sure it is listed on the transport documents as contents in vehicle

Just check with TOLL or TNT