SAU Community

Legal Boost guage position

Originally posted by red17

If you have an R32 simply remove the round aircon vent on the drivers side and shove a guage in the space. Perfect size! And you cant tell me the S15 dash wasnt made for enthusiasts to take the round vents out and put guages in?  

How thoughtful of nissan :D

Red17

red17

what size boost gauge did u use in the aircon vent

52mm or 60mm?

Originally posted by BATMBL

the reason why you cant have it on the 'A pillar' is not because it blocks vision, but becuase your head can apparently reach it if u were in a crash, and so its a saftey reason(its called the head crash area). ...thats what a sargeant cop told me, and he also knew his shit abt turbo cars.

my 2c

spot on

all on cops judgement

i think they look cool on the A-pillar, like 3 of them, ppl must think your car is worked off its nuts with airflow boost and temp gauges

:starwars:

• 2 months later...

i Have a 2 and 5/8 size autometer boost guage ready for installation. I want to put it on the a Pillar but also dont want to get defected. Who can you contact to get the relevant info on whats legal and whats not other than the rta?

I have the same st. wheel mount Carbon gauge pod with a GREDDY Boost PRESS Gauge on my R32, I also have another GREDDY Oil PRESS gauge mounted on the top of the dash to the left of the little buttons controlling the Radio (Which don't work). And an Autometer Monster Tacho on the other side of my dash mounted on my A-Pillar.

When I got defected for ride height about 6 months ago, the cop looked through my car under the engine bay, remarked that the 'only' mods were the BOV and FILTER, then closed the bonnet.

He then went and had a look inside the car and remarked at the gauges and said 'OK', that's all-get your ride height fixed and there will be no more problems.

Interestingly enough, I am endevouring to relocate my 2 PRESS Gauges to my A-Pillar soon and mount the Monster Tach rice style in the middle of my dash, like the AUTOSTYLE R32 GTR (DEXTER) and their other TOP SECRET R33 GTR

I think this may have been mentioned previously, but how the hell are Taxi's with those big box things sitting ontop of the dash right in front of the driver legal !!!

I've NEVER heard of a Taxi getting a defect notice for them, so what goes !!!

:D