SAU Community

Sau Bbq And Cruise

N1GTR

I caught up on the freeway ;)

Your car sounds nice mate, and the whole off boost thing... I see it as a positive, as I was able to keep up :P

hahahah fair call ..

toped out at 5.5 psi on the way down , and 1 psi on the way home ... always soo tempting but if that hose busted i would have been walking home ... thats a long way lol

Edited by Craved

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i reckon!

anyway i have uploaded small versions of the pics i took from my phone today they are in my gallery

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/photopost...500&ppuser=2685

edit: damn the forum gallery is slow and retarded i wish it would work properly.. but all i had are there now at least.

Edited by siksII

Guys

It was a good day, and to those who piked and DIDNT let me know. My wallet has some words for you.

I will total up how much the day cost me and get it sorted out, the amount of food we threw out after everybody left was really dissapointing

Other than that the day went well - next time we will make the day a full day and hire that parking spot (the grassy semi circle) and then make it a beach/bbq/cruise all in one

Glad people had a good time

-Steve

Yeah, so wasn't in the mood to be doing any photography etc hey.... was already really tired from having no sleep, car problems just made it worse.

But it's all good now :P And for all those who were disappointed that the new hair dryer isn't in, just got some good news ;)

gotta love that 350gt!...love with the wheels!!!!

Was he just a bystander who happen to see a SAU cruise?...Cos if it was then its the ShNizZzLE!

ya he was driving down further to some pub or something...

man imagine rocking up to a pub in that.. dang...

where are ur photos!

me too!!!

Was a top day, I'll keep my schumacher (sp?) antics to myself next time ay scotty!?

And Links... where the hell did you go to on the way home? towards maroubra? I thought hell, I'm not getting lost again, then took off towards the ED and went through the cross.. ran into the WA boy on the way home (but no wave! grrr!)

Hi Liz,

Sorry no wave... Was that you behind me on Flinders St? Was waiting for you to pull up next to me... :P

I was rushing to meet up with a mate who just got off a plane from Perth.

This waving thing always gets me in trouble... If I wave at a fellow Skyliner, I always get death stares... If I don't wave, I get told on the forum... ;)

Next time I'll just wave at all Skylines I see... Hahhaaa! :lol:

BTW, great day and thanks to the organisers... Top job! Look forward to the next one...

Edited by gel

Great cruise guys and well done Steve!  As with all other SAU cruises its pretty normal to get massive sun burn :P. In the morning where everyone gathered at P6 that was an awesome sight. Looking forward to the next one!!

Think that was actually P6c.... Smaller carpark than the other one.

Oh that ranger who came in the morning was a dickhead... Lucky he didnt come back and book us all... ~60cars x ~75$ fine = $$$

Radiator = stuffed.

Glad to see everyone had a good time. Well done Steve for organising such a great event.

Those of you who didn't turn up - make sure you pm N1GTR and get $5 to him. It's not fair that he should do all the organising and have to pay for the priviledge. $5 is nothing to you but 20x$5 or whatever it is is something to him when he has a broken GTR to fix.

I'll be at the next one for sure. Might even be able to bring my car!!!

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Many thanks for your responses, guys.
    • This is why I can't afford a Porsche 911 or a new M3. Farken. Will hopefully provide me with a bit more  braking capacity at SMSP. Going from a 324mm to a 354mm rotor will also help dissipate heaps of heat. Not mention, the rears will also be upgraded to balance the brake bias. Believe it or not, with just only front Brembos and the rear OEM Sumitomo, I can actually feel the brake bias towards the back, hence trail braking into turns I could feel the rear end being unsettled. Hopefully if my broscience serves me correctly, I should resolve the brake bias by upgrading both front and rear calipers.
    • I'll chime in here with my experience. Motec is great if you have the money and know a good person to support you. They don't really offer retail support and the dealers make SFA margin on the product, so the business model is setup for you to be supported by a dealer. I'm lucky enough to know a guy who's ex Motec and very generous with his time and is a total boffin. In addition to that, I also use Brad Sherriff who's an absolute legend to work with. The downside to Motec is the software isn't very intuitive, pay to play, poor/limited online support and costly upgrades.  I've not owned an Emtron myself but a good friend runs a performance workshop in Melbourne who is an Emtron dealer. They won't be fitting any more to customer cars because of the poor level of knowledge within the Emtron support team and lack of ability to solve issues with the platform. Not to mention the circumstances around the establishment of the product and company in the first place. I've run Motec's since the old M8's back in the early 2000's so I'm certainly not without a bias but I look at it like this. Everyone acknowledges Motec as the best consumer grade product without spending mega dollars on Bosch Motorsport / Life Racing and so on. When you consider the real cost of your car (not what you tell your mrs) the cost difference between an Emtron and a Motec is tiny, why would you compromise over a few hundred dollars?
    • Closer to getting the shit box back on the road. That long hose, took 2 months to acquire. However the rest were all already to go same week I ordered them. For those playing at home, that long hose is for a RB25DE N/A motor, as they don't run a water/oil heat exchanger, the hoses underneath the plenum are much more elegant and not a maze of shit.