SAU Community

300zx Or R32 Skyline

Having owned both cars myself.....

Very true that the 300 are hard to work on, however stock 3L manual do go very well. Few mods and you will have a fair bit of power for a NA. More so, the 300 engine for some reason seem to need more work...what I mean is that a lot of things get dirty, old, corroded and need maintenance. It seemed like I had to clean every little plug in the engine bay!! IMO the 300 look hot. My old 300 had exhaust, air filter and bit of engine work and it would keep up with a few v8 and give turbos a bit of a run!

However at the end of the day it is up to you, what you can afford, what you like better and also, what you can find because there is so much cr#p out there due to both of these cars being old!

If you upgrade to a TT 300 you will never look back. With basic mods the power is amazing! My second 300 was a TT and it use to eat skylines! However, maintenance on the TT is expensive and these days i prefer the 32, especially the interior!!!!

My 2 cents

Cheers

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get an NA r33 series 2, i got one in may and payed 12,200 so prices carnt be that bad.

it had done 80,000k's and was in mint condition. =) (NOT ANYMORE!)

f**k the 300, to much to run. heavy + larger motor will mess with your funds

in my mind there is no comparison to an 89-91 model car and a 96....i dont think you would be able to pick up a 92+ model as they are alot more sort after. but who knows

I was actually in the market for a 300zx, went to this place to have a good look at it, and it sold! :)

That was about the time I saw the skyline sitting out the front, so I got that insted :)

300's are getting a bit old now and as mentioned in other posts, the engine is a nightmare to work on. Being an older car, there will be SOMETHING that will need replacing/maintenance in the engine bay and it's going to give you headaches.

Depending on your budget, I think the later the model of car you can buy the better. I don't like R33's much myself but if you could pick up an N/A series 2 R33 it would be your best bet. The later the model the better.

Second choice would be an R32 GTS25 (RB25DE) but once again they're getting a bit old so be prepared to fix a few things. Plus side is theyre usually easy as pie to work on, so it wont cost you as much.