SAU Community

X-force Exhausts

Hi All,

Anyone know what the X-Force turbo back exhaust systems that JustJap sell are like?

I noticed that they come with an adjustable silencer... Do they cut power down heaps? I'm assuming you would have to balance it between power and noise...

Any feedback is helpful.

Thanks,

Dave.

I got one on my r33 gtst. Its putting out 290kw. The silencer does nothing at all, its still loud. Actual exhaust is a really good design but the dump pipe was a piece of shit.(i got rid of mine when the stock turbo went)

Edited by 400GTST

Ok lets have a look here.. the x-force exhaust is about $600 excluding a CAT.... another $200 for a half decent CAT and another $100 - $200 for fitting... so approx $1000 for a bolt on cheapish system... Personally you could spend approx the same kind of money you can get an exhaust shop to custom make a 3" mandrel bent exhaust, high quality dump and high-flowing CAT and you can also angle the cannon the way you want it... get 2 years warranty and is MUCH better quality... thats my 2 cents...

If your in the sydney area i will be more then happy to help anyone with getting them a great deal on a custom exhaust system from liverpool exhausts... what have you got to lose?? let me know if your intrested..

Regards,

Sarkis

Im running the X-Force system on my R32 GTS-T, and contrary to what others have said, the silencer made a massive difference in noise.

The exhaust was purchased from Just Jap

Friend had an X-Force titanium on his S15. Not bad for the money, the welds were a bit shit through and after a couple of times of scraping the ground ripped apart. You get what you pay for I guess though, so overall it was pretty good :P

I have a stainless Xforce exhaust on my s15. Because they are a mass produced item the fit is very average. I am going to get a custom cat back made up that will quieten it down and will fit a whole lot better. I just find it a bit noisy as well.

That said, a friend of mines r33 gtr has a 3.5in xforce from the turbo back which is nice and quiet and the note is perfect along with the fit.

If you are planning on purchasing one to run the silencer in it all the time I would stick with a stock exhaust. The level of back pressure the silencer creates can often be more than a stock exhaust.

An exhaust is only as good as its smallest orifice.

FYI - The custom catback I am having made up is mild steel with a stainless cannon and a very high quality straight though centre muffler (which will do almost all the work. Cannons do very little!). Cost is $600.

Hope that helps.

James

I picked up an Xforce turbo back 3" system for $650 including hi flow cat and stainless cannon. Fitting was about another $200.

The silencer cuts down the noise noticeably, but looks like shite. Without the silencer it was tested at *just* under the legal db limit at the specified rpm.