SAU Community

Blitz Sbc I-d3 Clicking While The Engine Is Off

igor

I have installed the boost controller into my GTST and it works beatifully. The only problem now is that I get this loud clicking noise, like the solenoids opening and closing quickly when the engine is off and the ignistion is on. This doesn't happen on idle, only when the engine is off.

Another thing that I have noticed that it happens when the engine is hot. Now the solenoids are mounted underneath the power steering bottle, pretty much under the cold air snorkel, which I thought would be a pretty cool place in the engine. That location allowed for some super short vacuum hoses.

The settings are as follws:

Boost: Manual

Set: 42

Gain: 10

AC/WG: AC

Another thing is that the clicking goes away when I switch that channel into automatic.

Has anyone else experienced this?

i've had this problem before with a trust profec A. it would just click away after the car was turned off. it actually says in the trust manual that it will do that, and not to worry about it. you can solve it though by wiring it up so that it only gets power when accessory is on (ie no constant 12v). then when the car is off, it wont have any power. From memory it's wired up usually with 12v constant and 12v ign or accessory.

Yeah, it's actually hooked up to IGN, so its only on if the ignition is on. The funny thing is that the ignition wire that I hooked it up to (#49 on the ECU from memory) stays on for a second or so after the engine is turned off. That's how I discovered the clicking in the first place.