SAU Community

The Moment Of Truth

chintami

R32 or R33?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

why cant we all settle this over some sympathy tea?! skyliner at war aganst a fellow skyliner, THIS IS MADNESS!!!

Besides everyone knows r32 GTR is the fastest :P

i've got a BMI dvd which holds a race at a circuit in japan between the R32 GTR, R33 GTR, R34 GTR, V35 Skyline, WRX STi and an EVO 8/9 (all were stock). the finishing order was....

1. R34 GTR

2. WRX STi

3. EVO 8/9

4. R33 GTR

5. V35 Skyline

6. R32 GTR (was last by about 7 secs over 5 laps!!!)

it was done by the Drift King and all his JGTC mates...... feel free to borrow it if you like, just be sure to return it!!! (looking at Veilside.....)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And am I right in saying that the GTR motor basically didn't change???

It was the bolt on's and chassis/suspension that made the difference.

[including ABS/Traction control/turbo in the bolt on dept.]

Not sure about cams - LTS would be able to add value here.

How come up until last year the R32 GTR held the Nurburing record???

Up till the enzo it was the fastest production car around there I thought?

I could easily, very easily live with a Z tune.

So when are you planning to blow the motor on your R33 GT-R Beau?

When you schedule it can you please let me know when it's going to happen so I can be there with a camera to capture that magical moment of pride that I'm sure is going to be all over your face?

i havent even planned on getting a 33, let alone a GTR 33, but yes if i ever have the money to waste on buying a 33 GTR i will let you know when ill blow it up and you can record it, just for your personal enjoyment mark...

My understanding is that all stock GTR's produce 206kw from the factory.

There is obviously improvements to body/chasis/suspension etc... in the example above.

It'd be interesting to know the year of manufacture for each model.

Could we compare the 4wd table at the back of the HPI type mags bought locally ? Wonder who would hold the qtr times there.....

which catagory are you thinking of??? classics or pre-historic??? :D

seriously though, which one? i wasnt aware of any GTR holding a record around there for that long.......

Could we compare the 4wd table at the back of the HPI type mags bought locally ? Wonder who would hold the qtr times there.....

so let me get this straight you are going to say that the 32's hold most of the better times lets see why that may be

r32 gtr = 18 - 28K

r33 gtr = 35 - 43K

r34 gtr = 65K +

So all that money you save on buying a newer nicer looking car you can dump into mods for the car thus making it quick... This then doesnt prove anything other than r32 gtr's are cheap thats why people buy and mod them :D

And am I right in saying that the GTR motor basically didn't change???

It was the bolt on's and chassis/suspension that made the difference.

[including ABS/Traction control/turbo in the bolt on dept.]

Not sure about cams - LTS would be able to add value here.

Well,despite being "quoted" as the same 206Kw,the 32,33 and 34 all have different torque figures...So the 206 Kw figure was merely there only as the Japanese "gentleman's agreement" between manufacturers. A quick summary of standard GT-R trim models:

32 GT-R:206Kw/353Nm

33 GT-R:206Kw/629Nm

34 GT-R:206Kw/392Nm

So,one could assume the Kw figures aren't really relevant(torque wont go up without some sort of jump in Kw's...)

GTR's blowing their engines is just an initiation to becoming a REAL GTR OWNER! if uve still got ur GTR after its blown up then your worthy of having it.

So,B;am I not worthy? :D

Up till the enzo it was the fastest production car around there I thought?

Not quite;there's been the odd Porsche special in there,BUT the GT-R(32,natch') did hold the record for a proportionately long time...

Oh,one for those who like figures...GT-R models refered to

32:weight 1480Kg,7.18Kg/Kw

33:1530Kg,7.43Kg/Kw

34 1540Kg,7.48Kw/Kg

0-100: 32 4.73 sec's

33 4.94

34 4.92

400m: 32 13.02 sec's

33 13.19

34 13.13

So,in conclusion...ah,no point rubbing it in! :D

Andrew your an idiot :D its HATCHI rocku not Hatsu... Cant you speak Japanese?

Anyway.... I have decided to vote for R32 because I personally prefer them over the 33 and that is enough of a reason for me. I personally have driven most kinds of Skylines (R31aus4door, R31 GTSx, R32 GTR, GTST, R33 GTR, GTST, GTS4) and I would be happy with any of them because they are all skylines... All this arguing is pathetic and pointless because it all depends on your personal tastes THATS ALL!

But if money was not an issue I would have a Ferrari F40 4.2 twin turbo limited over any Skyline Hehehehe;)

Just my 2 cents :P

Edited by R31DET

I'm sure he was meaning 'Hatsu" as in Di"HATSU"...LOL!! A nice Japlish word that befits the Mighty Lemon!

Me;I'd agree-any Skyline is good! At the top of my list? Well,I own it! If money were no issue,I'd have the mac-daddy of them all:Maclarens' F1. Alongside it? A Z Tune AND my l'il R32! Seriously;I'll never sway from the Worlds best allrounder!

Edited by LTSJayce

lol, I was wondering how long it'd be before someone commented on Jayce's obvious lust for a R33 motor....

Anyhow, I was watching that motor show on SBS (Monday, 7:30 - tonight - check it out if you havn't already). They were commenting that the R32 held the *standard* production car record until last year when the new Ferrari F 60 (the Enzo) knocked it off. I know a few RUF's and stuff have been faster in between - but they weren't counted as a "standard" production car as they were enchanced. Same as a Nismo R32 wouldn't have counted.

I could be wrong though. I get that from time to time.

lol, I was wondering how long it'd be before someone commented on Jayce's obvious lust for a R33 motor....

Anyhow, I was watching that motor show on SBS (Monday, 7:30 - tonight - check it out if you havn't already). They were commenting that the R32 held the *standard* production car record until last year when the new Ferrari F 60 (the Enzo) knocked it off. I know a few RUF's and stuff have been faster in between - but they weren't counted as a "standard" production car as they were enchanced. Same as a Nismo R32 wouldn't have counted.

I could be wrong though. I get that from time to time.

if you read it properly it says r33gtst/r32 gtr putting them at the same level :) only reason i say that is i have not driven a gtr and i really do prefer a 33 body to a 32

33 gtst before any gtr?  You must be kidding.  I have had 32 and 33 gtst's and neither comes close to any gtr.

When you do get the chance to drive a GTR (properly) Leigh, you will realise why they are so much more appreciated than the GTST, I have driven a very serious R32 GTR before and since then I have lusted after one ever since (particularly an R32 GTR Vspec2... Hmmmm I wonder who has one of those?) but I simply cannot afford one, let alone the insurance price tag, but ONE DAY! I will have one!

Jayce..... If you happen to die of "natural" causes can I have your car pretty please? You know Ill take good care of it! :)