SAU Community

Blew My Turbo :(

AMS

Hey Guys,

What a sad sad day it is today. Blown Turbo, pinched nerve in my neck :O

Ok, so basically on a budget of $2000 what is my best and easiest option to get it back on the road again?

Cheers,

Chris

Hey Guys,

What a sad sad day it is today. Blown Turbo, pinched nerve in my neck  :O

Ok, so basically on a budget of $2000 what is my best and easiest option to get it back on the road again?

Cheers,

Chris

GCG ball bearing hi flow, very similar response to standard, up to 265 rwkw, more power EVERYWHERE on all 3 RB's I have fitted them to. Bolts back up exactly as it came off, no making stuff, buying extra bits, things that don't line up etc etc.

:) cheers :)

Yep new turbs is the best bet, youll prob need a bit over 2k to cover it with labour costs unless you are gonna put it in yourself. Check Nengun.com and get a direct bolt on kit like an HKS GT RS or you could buy another standard turbo for around $500 of these forums but thats no fun.

How did you blow you turbo? Too much boost??

what a mofo, eh AMS? Man that sucks big time. Bad luck to you, you've only just got it! That must really shite you off, but dont let it get you down.

$2k go the GCG hiflow. With the R34 GTT 'cooler you've got, some boost control & save up & do a SITC or similar and you'd end up with a top ride, with good power at a safe tune.

Running 10psi, but it was spiking to 12psi. Now they said that there is a boost cut at 12psi which when it hits that, it cuts the turbo, the constant spooling every 500rpm caused it to overheat. So there we go. Fun for all

what a mofo, eh AMS? Man that sucks big time. Bad luck to you, you've only just got it! That must really shite you off, but dont let it get you down.

$2k go the GCG hiflow. With the R34 GTT 'cooler you've got, some boost control & save up & do a SITC or similar and you'd end up with a top ride, with good power at a safe tune.

Cheers Brendan. Does shit me off. But my neck is killing me. Something about a ciatic nerve? Anywho, just rang CGC then. They are going to give me a call back and we are going to discuss a sponsorship of some sort. Fingers crossed. Should be damn quick when I get it done though

bugger, a spate of blown turbo's is upon us. i've just done 160,000km, i wonder when mine is going to go. i've been running 10psi since i bought it (15mnth ago) but have an fmic, hope it doens't go soon, i'm saving for the manual, don't want to have to get a new turbo.

but AMS, good reason to get a better one, one less upgrade needed later

When i got my FMIC and my vac lines were all screwed around, i was running 12psi with 14psi spikes.... damn the car pulled hard ...i loved lifting off boost :P

Anyway, its back to stock 7-8psi now, but to let everyone know, i picked up a screwed R33 GTST turbo for $150 delivered.... soon to be highflowed (after brakes and manual though :D)

When i got my FMIC and my vac lines were all screwed around, i was running 12psi with 14psi spikes.... damn the car pulled hard ...i loved lifting off boost :P

Anyway, its back to stock 7-8psi now, but to let everyone know, i picked up a screwed R33 GTST turbo for $150 delivered.... soon to be highflowed (after brakes and manual though :D)

Damn so you didnt have any R&R Problems? :)

Yeah my car did go bloody hard though!

Ok, so im pretty sure I'm going ahead with the CGC Highflow. So when I get it on etc etc and the car is up and running. What boost levels should I have then? Just leave it at 10psi? Or go for more? (Will have Jaycar gear by then too :))

Well, heres the deal

On 7psi the car is "fast". Then i have a 10psi map without a tune and the car is not as "fast". Then i had that 12psi/14psi map and the car was faster then "fast" without a tune. So maybe the total ammount of air was just overriding the R&R?

So these days, for daily i have it on 7. For drags on 7 and... yeh, 7 seems fastest.

Meh, I cant wait to upgrade the turbo and put the s**t back up there, with the pfc/manaul too - Alex=one happy chappy

hmmm....well the jaycar thing has 2 maps ay

So hows about - 1 map - 7psi

- 2nd map - 12psi

:unsure: With the higflow, Chris will be one happy chappy