SAU Community

Fuel Pump - R33

4door_Sleeper

The fuel pump in Di's R33 died last night after she picked mu up from the Schutzenfest (pity it didn’t break down on the way there - I could have had more drinking time)

anyway, after the RAA towed us home I took the standard pump out and applied 12V across it (nothing happened). I then tried to use my old pump (from the upgrade on my car) and nothing happened either (it may have seized after sitting on the shelf for 12 months)

Has anyone got a standard pump I could borrow/buy to get the car going? Repco were no help as they don’t list a part, and Nissan wont be open until Monday.

Any help appreciated.

Guy

The fuel pump in Di's R33 died last night after she picked mu up from the Schutzenfest (pity it didn’t break down on the way there - I could have had more drinking time)

anyway, after the RAA towed us home I took the standard pump out and applied 12V across it (nothing happened). I then tried to use my old pump (from the upgrade on my car) and nothing happened either (it may have seized after sitting on the shelf for 12 months)

Has anyone got a standard pump I could borrow/buy to get the car going? Repco were no help as they don’t list a part, and Nissan wont be open until Monday.

Any help appreciated.

Guy

Some thing to be aware of mate if you apply 12 volts to a fuel pump that is not in the tank they can and will blow up. fuel vapours in the pump will ignite and kaboom. Got a R32 GTR pump. If they are the same you can borrow.

Thanks Guys

Looking for a replacement pump on Monday (shops are mostly shut, and dont list a part for an imported Skyline)

Rob, thanks for the offer, I think I will wait because its such a bastard of a job to remove the cap in the tank, only want to do it once if I can.

Has anyone priced a pump (and possibly a new tank cap), what should I expect?

Hi Guy,

If it's of any help, I still have my old original pump if you need it. I'll chuck it in the boot and bring it to work with me. I work over in Keswick, so if you're in the vicinity you're welcome to it.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Guy,

If it's of any help, I still have my old original pump if you need it.  I'll chuck it in the boot and bring it to work with me.  I work over in Keswick, so if you're in the vicinity you're welcome to it. 

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike

If you get this before you go to work, my number is 0413 648 750.

Can you give me a call and let me know when and where I can catch up with you.

Went to Nissan to price a stock pump - $780 :lol: :) :lol: ;) I could almost replace the pump and get 550cc injectors for that amount :PBJ:

I did find out today that you cant use a test light to complete a circuit :P But the pump works OK when you connect two wires direct from the battery.

My spare pump is working, as is the one Mike gave me (thanks again Mike - I'll return the pump)

Edited by 4door_Sleeper

Howdy Guy,

at least something positive came out of the exercise, eh!

Nice meeting you today and please don't go to any fuss or bother returning the pump, just pop past whenever you're in the area looking for a coffee! :P

Cheers,

Mike