SAU Community

Os Giken 5 Speed, What Oil?

Picking up my rebuilt R33 GTR gearbox with an OS Giken Cross Gear Set fitted along with new bearing/synchros etc.

What do you guys recommend the best oil to use is and id like a short shifter but do these put more strain on the box?

Thanks guys

Redline light weight shock proof

If you buy a shifter i would get a C's short shifter cost a bit but are a very good unit and bolt on in like 5 to 10mins when in the car if box out half that. They only shorten the gear select action and can not put strain on the box any different to a standard shifter.

pete

Redline light weight shock proof

If you buy a shifter i would get a C's short shifter cost a bit but are a very good unit and bolt on in like 5 to 10mins when in the car if box out half that. They only shorten the gear select action and can not put strain on the box any different to a standard shifter.

pete

Agree with everything pnblight has said. I use the Redline lightweight Shock Proof Oil - great stuff and I have the C's Short Shift - another great item, just wish I had the OS Giken Cross gear set......mmmmm very nice :)

Agree with everything pnblight has said. I use the Redline lightweight Shock Proof Oil - great stuff and I have the C's Short Shift - another great item, just wish I had the OS Giken Cross gear set......mmmmm very nice :)

I wish i had a OS Giken Cross gear set also, as they seem to be the pick of the crop for street use (valve for money) and leewah is putting what 800awhp through his but i will add i believe he's got a few extra bit like billet centre plate etc to help with stability. Well it's only one power ball away hehehe

pete

I personally wouldn't use the reline oils, ive seen some interesting left overs it creates inside the gearbox on a few boxes that have been pulled apart..

id go for the mobil or elf competition oils, just get one with a suitable weighting for your needs, you may also need to blend..