Rb25 Box In Ceff

huddy

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

so whats the gear ratio's like compared to the rb20 box?, im considering one of these atm but ive heard that theyre shorter in the gears, the tracks i take my car on pretty much use the top of 3rd so im not keen on having any shorter gearing :laugh:

i did have a bit of trouble adjusting at mallala - i noticed where i used to be able to stay in 3rd on the front straight - i'd have to shift to 4th with the 25 box. BUT now i just decided to start my entries earlier and clutch it in 3rd lol...

BTW - the reverse lights do work - i re-clipped mine in and they both work good as new.

r33 are 3.79 though, i might pull my diff out and suss what it is before i worry to much about ratio's :spank:, there are ups and downs of going either way atm so im a lil up in the air which i should buy (r32 box or r33)

edit: im pretty sure the diff in my car is only a s13 type so at a guess the ratio would be 4.08:1?. and i thought 4.3 were auto gearsets? :ninja:

Edited by toffy

nah all R32's were 4.38 auto and manual

ca turbo s13 were also 4.38

with a 20 with a 25 box I'd say you'd need the short ratio still

with a 25 motor and box or a stroked 20 the sr s13 ratio might be better

all depends on the track you go to most though to

cheers for that info, mainly i go to baskerville which is mainly a 3rd gear track first turn is right at the top of third (140ish?+?) you hit the apex at around 115-120 and bounce the limi and scando for the next turn which is about 95-100 at the apex which is a down hill section s bend thingy coming out of that is a short straight which leads into another left hander that opens up on the exit to an up hill straight to munji as fast as you can :laugh: , im worried that if i have a shorter 3rd i wont have the speed for a big enough entry in turn 1 which is vital in comps and the exit corner and straight you need just as much speed really :laugh: :laugh:

• 2 months later...

2 Questions: (Bringin up an old thread)

where do you get the spacers from when you use the stock rb20 gearbox crossmember?

Do you need to switch or alter the position of the rb20de gearbox crossmember apart from the use of the spacers?

• 5 weeks later...
would be good if I had a part number for a 33 speedo cog though

O rly?

32743-30P20- (Just the cog on the end)

Now it'd be good if I had some money...

post-11389-1180679868_thumb.jpg

32744-35F00 - generic nissan

post-11389-1180680317_thumb.jpg

post-11389-1180680326_thumb.jpg

post-11389-1180680336_thumb.jpg

Edited by TonyL

i have a 33 box with the speedo drive... i need to get the navara drive lol... also gotta replate that plastic drive behind my dash.. cause its rooted

i've still got the name of that place in wingfield that can apparently make metal ends for the cable - haven't been there yet though because... well silvias are electric so i dont give a f**k :lol:

whats the chassis code for navara?

Note: i haven't read any of this thread :cool:

Edited by TonyL