SAU Community

Seat Trimming (found This On Ebay)

SRB

Interesting. This looks like an R33 GTR.

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/6448/imga19464bl.jpg

Don't like the colour in it, but can't figure out how thats just a seat cover since it is inside the hole behind your head.

Let us know how you go.

it looks like an R33 GTR... a horrid one at that.

That photo's actually quite good for one reason though, see the blue bit on the centre piece of the front seat? how its slightly lifted? This is one of the things covers tend to do if they're badly mae or loosely fitted. They assure me that they're a good fit, but I'll wait till I go see them in person before I believe their claim.

I wouldn't mind getting a set of these, if only to protect the original seats agaisnt stains and wear (or alternatively to hide the stains and wear on the seats already :P)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I found the ebay ad a bit ambiguous. They said they use a combinaton of leather and pvc. Funky, would you be able to confirm with them that the actual cover itself is actual leather, not pleather.

Also, where do they use the pvc? is it just pvc piping?

Cheers

I had these guys do my last car in tan front and back and I was shocked at the result. This is about a good year ago now and the price was $400 or so, but the amount of people I fooled was amazing. Not entirely sure whether they are true leather though, so be wary of that, but they do fit closely and are all well-seamed and so forth. They even made map pockets for the backs of the seats.

Two problems though. The stitching on the rear seat headrests was dodgy, and the holes for the front headrests (headrest and seat seperate) were not there, so I had to carefully make some holes to fit them over. All in all well worth it for the price though. I believe that Katzkin company of whatever it is in the States has been doing this for ages.

it looks like an R33 GTR... a horrid one at that.

That photo's actually quite good for one reason though, see the blue bit on the centre piece of the front seat? how its slightly lifted? This is one of the things covers tend to do if they're badly mae or loosely fitted. They assure me that they're a good fit, but I'll wait till I go see them in person before I believe their claim.

I wouldn't mind getting a set of these, if only to protect the original seats agaisnt stains and wear (or alternatively to hide the stains and wear on the seats already :))

When you got there ask em how much to retrim real leather interior. Thinking of re-doing my leather

Hi All,

One of the members from this club has asked me to have a visit and explain what I have been doing with FTO seat covers.

I am a long time member of FTO Australia Club.

And I have organised many group buys for both Australia and UK FTO clubs.

I think around 130 sets in total.

These are leatherette covers specifically made for individual cars. I am sure you all heard about this product.

Leatherette is a product many people haven’t have much information about it. However, after seeing the results myself, I fount it to be a great, cheaper and high quality alternative. Final result looks exactly like leather. I am positive that, it is impossible to distinguish the difference between Leather and Leatherette for standard user. It also does’t feel like plastic, feels just like original leather.

However, Leatherette is not a breathable material. This means it might get slightly warmer then leather in the summer months, although, leaving in Melbourne in summer, I have not feel the discomfort of it yet.

Installation process is straightforward. Take off your old covers and put on the new ones. Easily doable on the weekend. I will provide a DIY guide with photos.

I also have the pattern for Skyline seat covers, and about to be order some samples to see the outcome.

These covers produce in Asia and FedEx airmail to individual addresses. I am here to gauge the interest.

The final cost should be around $370. These includes both front and back seats. Production takes around 2 weeks for a mid sized group buy. FedEx airmail takes around 4 days to be delivered and the cost for the postage is around $40.

Inner and outer colours, as well as stitching colour is customizable. Also can embroidered logos and provide extra raw material for door cards, hand break, gear, roof, etc...

Please be aware that, I am not organising a group buy here. I am just gauging the interest. Above prices are indicative only.

Let me know if you interested.

sc_fto_beige3.jpg

sc_fto_beige4.jpg

sc_fto_beige7.jpg

sc_fto_grey6.jpg

sc_fto_grey5.jpg

seatcovers1.jpg

seatcovers2.jpg

seatcovers3.jpg

seatcovers12.jpg

If interested, can you please update the list below with your selection.

This is gauging the interest only.

Once we get enough numbers, I can finalise the pricing and start the group buy

Nickname....Outer Colour....Inner Colour.....Stitching Colour.....Extra Material....Logo