SAU Community

Self Compliancing

Informer

I'm doing the compliancing on my R32 myself before getting it checked by the engineer to get the personal imports plate.

I've read the DIY compliance thread, but since I actually owned my car overseas the conditions are a little different. The following was brought up during my conversation with one engineer :

1. Child restraint points, no problem can get this from supercheap or autopro

2. Drivers mirrors, someone said that this doesn't need to be changed. Mine looks quite flat, so how concave is concaved?

3. Fuel restrictor, someone said that a sticker will do, another said that it has to be done for a few dollars, which is it?

4. High rear brake lights, can do.

Things that the engineer didn't mentioned :

5. VIN plague, I can do this myself no problem.

6. Seat belts, mine are fine but do these need to be changed?

7. I have non-original wheels, do I need stickers for this and what do they look like?

Are there anything else that I need to do/change?

Thanks in advance. Was pretty happy to see the car after only a month but had something stolen from it unfortunately. :D

What state are you in? All you have to do with a personal import is ensure that the car meets the registration and roadworthy requirements of the state. So contact the RTA / etc for your state and ask.

You haven't mentioned side impact bars so I'm assuming it's a later model R32. If it's pre August 1991 you will need that done as well.

What state are you in? All you have to do with a personal import is ensure that the car meets the registration and roadworthy requirements of the state. So contact the RTA / etc for your state and ask.

You haven't mentioned side impact bars so I'm assuming it's a later model R32. If it's pre August 1991 you will need that done as well.

Hi,

I'm in Victoria and my car is a late 91 model (though how can I check that properly?).

I don't understand what is "Guided Mode".

Seat belts are fine.

they will have JIS markings on them (well, on a white tag sewn into the base or something like that).

Provided they lock (they do), they are ADR compliant.

You could check by pulling the trim off the doors and cheking for side intrusion bars.

or you could post your vin number into the appropriate thread (nissan software or something - the thread exists), and then post the reply back here (so I can see too.....)

So what do you need to register the car? I am presuming that you have all the appropriate import approval stuff...

How big / what are you "non original" wheels. if they are the same size as stock, I don't see a problem. If they are legal, I don't think there would be a problem. If they are 32' - I see a problem...

EDIT - Nissan FAST Software

Edited by ebola

My wheels are 17s, so no problems there.

Can anyone tell me where to get a fuel restrictor? I heard that you can buy it off Mitsubishi for their Magnas.

Edited by Informer

• 3 weeks later...
My wheels are 17s, so no problems there.

Can anyone tell me where to get a fuel restrictor?  I heard that you can buy it off Mitsubishi for their Magnas.

Lemme know how you get on sourcing the bits and pieces Informer. I'm doing the same thing with an 89 gtr.

What did the shipping fairies appropriate from your car?