SAU Community

R34 Gtt Speedo Dash Problem

ZERO

hey guys

i just recently bought an r34 gtt and theres seems to be somehting wrong with the Dash...

sometimes the TCC, SLIP, and engine symbols come on...

does any other gtt out there have the same problem???

if so did you ever get it fix....

nothing is wrong with the car.. just the symbols pop up and its very annoying.....

i was thinking about taking the lights our for the symbols....

any help would be great...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know nothing is wrong with the car...that's what the warning symbols do..warn you!

Do a diagnostic check by pulling out the consult plug under the right hand side change pocket thingo. Turn the ignition to ON, short the two pins that are on the right hand top side of the plug on their own (for 2 seconds) remove the short and count the amount of times the check engine light flashes = error code.

Sounds like you've got a problem with the boost sensor or unplugged TCS servo motor

Is your car running fine?

I had that problem once after a service (changing the plugs). Car was absolutely fine though. The next time i started the car it went away. I then also resetted the ECU though just in case, no problems now.

I remember reading that those lights are usually a sign of coil pack failure. As 666Dan said, you need to find out from the error codes what the problem is.

However if the car is running fine, I am guessing its nothing and that itll prob go away.

Cheers

You need to do a search for error codes

If I recall correctly, 2 long flashes followed by 1 short one means 21

And 21 = iginition problems = usually coil packs?

I'd say give resetting ur ECU first to see if that clears any errors, and see whether the error pops up again.

Those lights would usually indicate something to do with the traction control or throttle position sensor. Check the plugs in that area are all firmly plugged in for a start.

Easy way to test if the TPS is adjusted right is using a consult cable but you could manually reset it if you know what you are doing.

mine had these similar lights come on intermittently some time ago...car was running fine...got it checked at mechanic with a scan tool..and it was a faulty O2 sensor...replaced tht..all good. Most reputable mechanics have the scan tool now so it would be much better to just bring it in if ur not too sure bout shorting things.

• 3 weeks later...

This is definitely not a good thing if all the lights are going on... after my SAFC2 install, this was happening as well (intermitantly - maybe 1 time a week).

Car would run really crap and required a restart in order to get it good again!

Double checked all the wires from the SAFC2 and tucked the loom back very very neatly, problem solved. This was my solution, may not be yours!

I have had a problem with the hicas light coming on when its raining and the sytem goes dead. I refitted all the plugs and sprayed them with lanosol, fixed the problem for a year when it happened again I resprayed them and it worked straight away. I dont think this is your problem though, just a heads up on nissan looms.

I dont know where i would start on this problem anyway.........

Would reseting the ECU effect the settings on the SAFCII?

I dont know anything about the wiring on the SAFCII so id be lost on this one.

Guess ill just follow the wires back and check all i can.

Mine comes on now everytime now.

If the car is cold not started from night before, it takes a little while to come on, otherwise it comes on almost instantaneous.

And i dont want to reset the ECU as it will prob chnage my SAC II Settings

ahehaehahehaehahe

i still have this problem...

i tried to restart the ECU but it didnt work....

it normally comes on when it just starts to get warm, usally when the water temp goes up.....

i did a diagnostic Check when i brought it to the machanics and he scanned it and it read's 21

Ignition signal circuit - No consecutive ignition signal while the engine is running <-------- WTF????

the machanic dosent seem to have a clue either.... so as i have check im going to bowwor a friends coil pack to see if it the problem... or im going to do a service this week anyways so sparkie will be changed so i hope everything will be fix from there onwards.....

yeah sure i will let you know of the outcome...

it dosent really effect the performance much but i cant tell theres somthing wrong with it....

like for eg it takes more time to boost well not that long but compared to what it was before...

and when i change gears when i let go of the clutch its like a sudden jerk!!!

i dunnoo maybe its be or my heads plaing games....

r32_Gts4

yeah you cant resett the ecu urself really easy...

just take out the negative from your batt...

turn on you lights, high beam and all

then let it sit for 30 mins and then put the Negative back and then there you go its resstted...

but didnt work for me... well it did for like 1 or 2 hours it didnt come back then after it came back again.

Edited by ZERO

ok i had a full engine services on the weekend...

such as oil, and sparkies

anyways... the problem still comes up and its pissing me off... cause i knoe i have to spend $700 on coil pack when it could go towards to something else.

anyways im going to check if it coil packs and i will then again let you know it the problem still continues....