SAU Community

Rear Taillights

AMS

Slidewize Imports, cost about $500 in the end. not really cheap, but still worth it. S1 lights are boring.

LOL

I got a highflow turbocharger for $100 more - now thats what I call worth it. S2 lights, unfortunately, do nothing for me.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers mate - I'll have another go at them - the corner lights look sweet as on - but a bit odd at the mo with the series 1 middle bits! I quess its a series 1 1/4 or something! Got mine through Slidewise too - all the way to the UK plus a set of those BlueGe checker floor mats in blue and black - very nice! Chuffed to bits with the lights too as there is not a mark on them - even inside they are dust and mark free, look like they've never been used. Cheers - I'll post a pic when all done :)

You'll probably find you'll need to cut the wires and re-wire the series 1 plugs, as they changed the plugs between S1 & S2. it'll only affect the centre lights, not the corner ones.

Oh ok - you mean the white connector thing or the bulb olders? - Should be able to work it out anyway. :laugh:

All done! - looks sooo much better - I am one happy chimp!

Easy fix - I just used the loom from the old lamp - see what you mean about that sticky black stuff - jeees what a bitch that stuff is!

I'll put a picture up when I get round to washing it, find the camera and the sun comes out! :)

... and the sun comes out! :)

Hahaha... ahh, that brings a tear to my eye.

You should be happy though, the Series 2 lights look so much better and make the car look a little more modern. make sure you compliment them with clear side and front indicators, makes the car look complete.

Hahaha... ahh, that brings a tear to my eye.

You're all heart mate! :)

Yep already done the front and side repeaters - clear nismo ones and the fronts from Japan (no-name things off ebay) - looks much better. All I need to do now is figure out how to get a body kit over to the UK! :)

• 1 year later...
how do you take the panels in the interior off?

AAparntly they r super duper glued on and sealed with polyurathane for dust and water like yor windscrene

most wrekers break them trying to get off so sell hole bloody door !

P.S. the iner lenses do not lite up on s1 !

• 3 years later...

Anyone with a M35 changed there lamps in the histop on the back door! Seems to be no bolts or clips holding the lens in, but don't wont to break it forcing it off

i think he's referring to the 3rd brake light on the top of the hatch part

there's someone who had done this in one of the M35 threads, forgot which one :s