SAU Community

Putting On A Bov

Hey guys sorry if this is a repost but i was wondering how do you put a after market bov in the RB20.

Does the stock bov have to stay or can you take it off and put an aftermarket bov in its place? If this it right wouldnt it have to be a plumb back blow off valve so that it still dumps the air back into the air box. It will stall if the air is not returned to the system, yes?

The thing is i dont want it to return to the airbox i want to have it venting straight out. How is this done effectively. Would you have to plumb in an aftermarket bov and leave the stock bov there aswell?

cheers

ive goty a turbo smart type 2 on my 32. what i did was remove the stock one plug up the return hose with a plug that was supplyed with the bov. i had to buy a seperate adapter and flange in order to put the turbo smart one on.... it rarely stalls ... if im revving at about 3500 and jump on the clutch ( like if i were prepering to roll at a set of trfic lights ) it might stall or just drop the revs to about 400 rpm... if you know your car you will be able tot tell when you revs are dropping too far , then you ll just have to tap the ecellerator.