SAU Community

Front Pipe + Dump Pipe (Before/After Dyno Results) - 203rwkw Stock ECU/Turbo

benm

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay guys as promised here are the before/after results of some cheap maintenance + the different between a cat-back and a full exhaust. The graph is shown at the bottom.

Spec's:

BEFORE - Green line on the graph

1995 GTS-T Series II

FMIC (Micks Metalcrafts)

2 Stage Boost Controller (7/12 psi)

HKS Pod filter

3" Nismo cat-back

Stock ECU

Stock Turbo

96 RON Fuel

Motul Turbo Oil done 8,000km (Ouch!)

Results:

7psi = 168 rwkw

12psi = 192 rwkw

AFTER (3mths later) - Red line on the graph

FMIC (Micks Metalcrafts)

2 Stage Boost Controller (7/12 psi)

HKS Pod filter

3" Nismo cat-back

Stock ECU

Stock Turbo

* 3" Custom 1 piece Front+Dump Pipe

* 3" Custom Hiflowed Cat

* 98 RON Fuel

* New Ryco Oil Filter

* New Ryco Fuel Filter

* Castrol Magnatec Oil done 2,000km

(Car has not been serviced by a mechanic for atleast 15,000km, Just been doing fluid changes and sheee purrrs)

Results:

7psi = 185 rwkw (Up 17rwkw)

12psi = 203 rwkw (Up 11rwkw)

Conclusion

Well as you can see some cheap maintenance and a proper full exhaust system can make quite abit of difference. The midrange power in my car is 500% better now that I have a proper full 3" exhaust. Some of the benefits I (as a driver) noticed after fitting the exhaust:

* Heaps better midrange power it almost feels like the Turbo is cutting in earlier

* Much more free flowing when you back off the gas it literally just rolls for ever, none of the sudden jerky-ness it just keels going

* No difference in the note/sound of the exhaust from the inside the car

I don't know how my car drove with just the stock standard Nissan exhaust as the previous owner had already fitted the 3" Nismo Cat-Back, but basically from a novice drivers point of view your exhaust is only as good as the weakest link and if you only have a standard front + dump pipe your absolutely kidding yourself. Go and spend the extra $750 like I did and you'll love it to bits.  

I have no idea if the ECU has been re-mapped or has an addon-card. I've taken the kick panel off and everything appears to be stock, oem nissan stamp, no extra doobie-whackys etc. If you see me out and about ask me if you can see my ECU as no doubt you'll know what your looking for to work out if its stock or not coz I really have no idea.

I'm gonna keep throwing small amounts of money at this car (when I workout a new bank I can rob that isn't local) but keeping the Stock Turbo + ECU and really see what I can get out of it. Their have been HEAPS of people say that 200rwkw isn't possible from a stock ECU/Turbo well im going to get more out of this bitch you just watch me. (Hoping 210+)

I plan on changing the HKS Pod to an Apexi filter and also install the f/glass box I have and create an airduct from down on my front bar to feed the engine some much needed cold air. Maybe also 1 of those oil catch can thingy's and urmmm well I dunno i'll keep reading SAU to workout what else can be done.  

If you have any suggestions throw em hear as i'd love to hear your comments.

Ben.

[MOVEIT]

dyno-203rwkw.jpg

well done!

try a cold air feed down low up to your filter if it makes that power with 12psi of

hot air you will notice the diff str8 away being able to push 13psi max n no pingn,

havent followed ur progress but have u thought of using 98 octane and

advancing your base timing couple degrees? cheaper then a power fc too. lol

what about?

water spray mist on cooler when pressure rises above 10psi? all ads up.

:P

This thread is 2yrs old and alot has changed since then the main thing being that the dyno used for this run appeared to record slightly higher than normal power.

• 11 months later...