SAU Community

Front Pipe + Dump Pipe (Before/After Dyno Results) - 203rwkw Stock ECU/Turbo

benm

my r33 is stock atm except today im installing a K&N poddy, next will be the exhaust, what exhaust would you guys recommend and where should i get it installed ? as i wanna get the best performancew i can get out of a new exhaust except i dont want much noise, jetspeed had a 4" tip that seemed to have a valve u could open and close in it to make it louder and softer which is good for me except i want much bigger than 4" :D something like 5 or 6"s :( can any of you guys help me out plz ?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by benm

5 or 6" ? for the Rice effect im guessing ?

Ben, haven't you been told? For each inch over 3" it will give you about 10rwkw gains!!!! :eek:

I'm saving up for a 12" muffler tip as we speak!!!! :lol:

Originally posted by predator666

just pull the exhaust off completely... or route the dump to the side drag style. no back pressure at all :D

better still reroute the exhaust back into the cabin, so u will look fully sick when u r cruising and u will feel fully sick in the car 2!! :lol:

I guestimate the afr based on the amount of timing I can give the thing and the new information provided by the S-afc.

Basically, you need very rich mixtures to enable lots of timing and if you run leaner mixtures (ala my new S-afc) you must peg back the timing. If I had 12's at the top end to begin with then I couldn't lean it off anymore than a few % at light throttle at 5000+rpm (just forget even full throttle). And I certainly couldn't run a base timing of 35deg +. 15 degrees is about it for 12/1 AFRs without some toluene.

turbomad,

Your right the AFR's guessing is crap. I don't give a rats arse what the AFR's are as long as the 'knock' and 'ping' situation is under control and the power is there. It's kind of like the rearwheel horsepower, I don't care to know. It actually won't make my car go faster knowing either. 'Tuning' the thing on a dyno makes a case for knowing but since I have yet to do so....

BTW,are you so sure I haven't set it up properly already without the dyno?

I said before somewhere else there might be a little more (5-10HP maybe) I might get out for the dyno time. Dyno time is expensive and tuning the S-afc is pretty easy with the knock sensor read out.

Does anyone remember the days of carby's and jetting? I never once did any 'dyno' tuning for that. I even tuned a Haletch F7B back in the days when it was new, without a dyno.

Tuning 'properly' does not necessarilly = dyno.

Originally posted by rev210

Does anyone remember the days of carby's and jetting?  

Unfortunately yes - got more than a few headaches trying to adjust mixtures on multi barrel carbs, and as for jetting, I dont even want to start...hehehe, that side was a nightmare.

Steve

MIC33R,

hear what you are saying. Dyno's are a tool for tuning and like sidchrome sockets and spanners I can't afford one, or afford to use one.

It is possible to get consistant results without the dyno in the same way as many people have got inconsistant results 'with' a dyno.