SAU Community

Front Pipe + Dump Pipe (Before/After Dyno Results) - 203rwkw Stock ECU/Turbo

benm

rev,

Where are you getting the knock sensor read out?

Doesn't the ECU ignore the knock sensor above a certain rpm?

(exact rpm cut off is load dependant)

Originally posted by rev210

I said before somewhere else there might be a little more (5-10HP maybe) I might get out for the dyno time. Dyno time is expensive and tuning the S-afc is pretty easy with the knock sensor read out.  

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by rev210

Tuning 'properly' does not necessarilly = dyno.

I agree with that....a light tune (20mins on the road) and I could feel the difference....I prefer response moreso than top end power, esp since it's my daily driver :)

Originally posted by SlowGTS-t

I'd be worried about how the A/F ratio gets leaner with more boost, I'd say that the injectors are pretty much maxed out or something.  

12.0:1 is a bit on the lean side for a daily driver...

12.0 is fine or a daily driver if u use 98 RON!

on stock fuel pump and injectors with a s-afc u need to have the setting - 12% or so to get that a/f ratio, so theres plenty left in the fuel pump and injectors

Hi guys, let me work this out....

Benm's car was 203 rwkw, that's about 270 rwhp, which is around 350 bhp (260 kw).

Compared to a standard R33 GTST which is 135 rwkw, that's about 180 rwhp, which is around 250 bhp (185 kw). Close enough.

So an extra 5 lbs of boost (7 to 12), a FMIC, pod and a full exhaust made an extra 90 rwhp (68 rwkw). Better still, at standard boost, the FMIC, exhaust and pod made 67 rwhp (50 rwkw).

And the A/F ratios sit between 11.8 and 12.2 to 1 from 5,000 rpm to 7,000 rpm. It would take me a couple of hours on the dyno with the PFC to get them that great.

That's a pretty damn good result I'd say, gotta get me one of those '95 model ECU's.

Have to agree with Rev here - after sticking in a S-AFC and spending about half an hour looking like a #$%^head on the freeway and other main(ish) roads, you can tune these things pretty darn well.

A very noticeable difference, but mostly more "driveable" power, which when you face it is what most of us really want. squeezing those extra few kW while wringing its neck at 7000rpm is all well and good, but i think you can get a decent result without jumping on the dyno.

p.s. i want that ECU!!

/me waits for the slashing to start

23710-21U60

MEC-K620

A2-5322

(Click here to see a pic)

Sorry about the quality I dont know how to use my camera yet (Geeze c'mon i've only had it for 6mths)

:uh-huh:

Originally posted by benm

23710-21U60

MEC-K620

A2-5322

I think that'd be a R620, not a K620. Fuzzy pic ;)

Here's a link to all the ECU types. You'll have to dump the URL into Babelfish to do the translations though :)

http://www.grid.co.jp/prod/rom/map.htm

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr

I 'think' they are listed in date order and order of manufacture??

And another link for other ECU's, with this one you'll have to jump between babelfish and normal cause it stuffs up the formating....

http://www.grid.co.jp/DAT/unitdat.txt

I suppose we won't really know what's going on with the ECU's until we do a direct comparison on the same car :)

J

Originally posted by ed

how often do you get up to 6 grand on a daily driver?

heheheh Daily of course :)

I guess what I'm saying is that running that lean doesnt give much allowance for things like bad fuel, blocked fuel filters, anything else, maybe even hot days.

Question. Should a car run leaner if you put more boost on?

comparing your dyno figures will be a waste of time unless everyone's is run on shootout mode! my mates 300tt made just over 200rwkw on shootout mode then a couple of months later put C.E.S 3" twin dump pipes on it (still had std front just cat back setup) & only made 209rwkw on the normal tuning mode! From what i have seen of the shootout mode it is abit generous!

I can't really see the argument your making here ?

Same Dyno

Same Tuners

Same Mode

Very similar day (temperature)

This thread was to compare the before/after of fitting a frontpipe so i think its totally fine regardless of whether it was in shootout mode or not.

benm

true it indicates the difference the mods made since they were both done in shootout mode, but doesnt give an accurate overall rwkw reading!

its only a number anyway :D