SAU Community

Bought Power Fc

GTS4dood

Morning all,

Ive bought a Power Fc recently and its sitting in my room. i also tried to buy an AVC-r but some c0ckhead in on ebay f*cked me over. :P So im looking for another b/c. im pretty keen to get a new Z32 AFM and bigger injectors as well tho, now it would seem logical that if i get these after the tune it will throw the tune out a fair bit? will it be better to wait the extra few weeks/month to get the tune?? and is there anything else (smallish) that i should be buying before the tune to top up that power figure?? :P

I currently have pod, 3" turbo back zorst, FMIC.

ebay guy.. report him

as for the tune.. for now i'd leave standard computer in there and buy the extra bits you want to put on once you've got everything as you want it including turbo if your goin to do that.. if you want to save the cost of a tune and than once you've got everything put it all in than go get your tune

either way thats my opinion and wat i'd do.. for your current mods stock computer is fine

good luck getting your money back off the ebay cockhead

Morning all,

im pretty keen to get a new Z32 AFM and bigger injectors as well tho, now it would seem logical that if i get these after the tune it will throw the tune out a fair bit? will it be better to wait the extra few weeks/month to get the tune?? and is there anything else (smallish) that i should be buying before the tune to top up that power figure?? :P

I currently have pod, 3" turbo back zorst, FMIC.

So you are getting an aftermarket turbo? Otherwise no point in getting Z32 AFM and injectors.

I suggest you wait till you get a boost contoller and then have it tuned with that.

So you are getting an aftermarket turbo? Otherwise no point in getting Z32 AFM and injectors.

I suggest you wait till you get a boost contoller and then have it tuned with that.

I'm not planning on aftermarket turbo for atleast a few months. I thought that the AFM and injectors would add some power just on their own. Or will it cause problems with the stock turbo?

I was mainly wanting to know if there are any smallish things (few hundred bucks) to throw on before the tune that will improve performance.

I was plannin on gettin the boost controller before the tune anyway tho. prob the blitz SBC i-colour.

The powerfc will most likely run rich if you up the boost (depending on fuel pump condition etc).

Before PFC tune my R33 was maxing about 86% on the injectors. Now the max I have seen is about 69 or 70%. Optimising the fuel ratios will most likely require less injector duty cycle. I think the R32 AFM maxs aout about 170-180rwkw doesnt it? You probably won't get to this with the standard turbo.

The powerfc will most likely run rich if you up the boost (depending on fuel pump condition etc). 

Before PFC tune my R33 was maxing about 86% on the injectors.  Now the max I have seen is about 69 or 70%.  Optimising the fuel ratios will most likely require less injector duty cycle.  I think the R32 AFM maxs aout about 170-180rwkw doesnt it?  You probably won't get to this with the standard turbo.

I was also going to up the boost to 12PSI.

I have a new O2 sensor and once the tune is done i thought the Power Fc would run ideal A/F ratios. I also thought that i'd seen on here a few R32's with stock turbs putting out close to 200rwkw. If i upgrade the fuel pump / regulator would that be helping or is the stock turbo simply going to hinder every mod from this point on. i wasnt keen to part with another 2-3G's for a good 5/6 months.

R32 with boost at 12psi wont get close to 200rwkw. An r33 with those mods is around that mark.

I fyou run 12psi just get the Powerfc tuned and you wont need injectors etc...

Im running 10psi in an r33 and got 172rwkw on conservative dyno. I think probably 150-160rwkw for an r32 at 12psi would be a pretty good result

there is no way a stock turbo r32 will make 200rwkw

a stock turbo'd r33 will just near 200rwkw with a powerfc tuned.

get the powerfc tuned with stock afm and stock injectors.

it will drive great, come on power nicely and have good midrage and top end.

get a complete retune when you have a larger turbo fitted and worry about it then

I'm not planning on aftermarket turbo for atleast a few months. I thought that the AFM and injectors would add some power just on their own. Or will it cause problems with the stock turbo?

I was mainly wanting to know if there are any smallish things (few hundred bucks) to throw on before the tune that will improve performance.

I was plannin on gettin the boost controller before the tune anyway tho. prob the blitz SBC i-colour.

Definately no point in getting injectors yet then, the only reason to upgrade the fuel pump at this stage would be if the stock one was not 100%.

SBC i-colour is pretty funky but a bit of a waste of money really.

If you have the PFC might as well get the PFC boost control kit for well under half the price of an i-colour.

Ive looked into that boost controller and as i have the R32 i had to get the AP Engineering version and there is no boost controller kit for the AP version. So i have to go a stand alone aftermarket one. i was only thinking the SBC i-colour over an AVC-r as ive heard so many ppl talking about spiking with the AVC-r.

Edited by GTS4dood