SAU Community

Fuchs Oils

Craney

I've got a mate in the oil supply market and he can get a hold of fuchs oils quite a bit cheaper than most others, but with a little bit of mucking around.

Was just wondering what people think of fuchs oils. I've heard they're pretty good, but has anyone actually used them.

Just want some opinions, and if anyone does use fuchs oils, please let me know what type.

i use it... but i can't compare it to anything as i have been using it the whole time i've had the car... i'm not sure about the type either (apart from the fact it is fully synthetic), i just leave it to my mechanic...

Ive also ever used Fuch. Currently using Titan Supersyn which is fully synthetic (5W-50). Also, when strapped for cash I have used Titan Performance Plus (15W-??) which is semi-synthetic with no worries :wub::D.

I've got a mate in the oil supply market and he can get a hold of fuchs oils quite a bit cheaper than most others, but with a little bit of mucking around.

Was just wondering what people think of fuchs oils. I've heard they're pretty good, but has anyone actually used them.

Just want some opinions, and if anyone does use fuchs oils, please let me know what type.

European law dictate that their fully synthetic are group IV (PAO base) so you can be sure that Fuchs oil are the real stuffs.

FYI, Shell helix ultra are not true synthetic, they are using XHVI or group III base stock.

i used Fuchs once....i noticed a bit of difference in power wise.

But nothing beats that brand Conoco.

i noticed real power differences in my R33 when i used that stuff.

i know Gough and Gilmore are dealers for it.

How much are you guys paying for Conoco here? Conoco Diamond use mainly group III stuffs, performance are compareable with SHU.

Fuchs make lubricants and specialty fluids for the automotive, heavy transport, marine, aviation and aerospace industries. They make lubricants and that's all that they make (not petroleum, not windscreen washing fluids, and not advertisements saying they are looking at "green" fuels for the future).

Their worldwide knowledge base is pretty impressive - as an example I am presently invloved with commissioning a liquid oxygen plant that is closer to residential housing than the EU regulations permit. The only way we could get approval was (amongst other things) to use non-flamable and ultra-cold rated hydraulic oils. Fuchs were able to supply oil used in the aerospace industry. I can't confirm that it's used on the Space Shuttle, but it bloody should be at close to USD1,000/litre!

Anyway - I digress. I personally would have no problems using their products.

Fuchs make lubricants and specialty fluids for the automotive, heavy transport, marine, aviation and aerospace industries.  They make lubricants and that's all that they make (not petroleum, not windscreen washing fluids, and not advertisements saying they are looking at "green" fuels for the future).

Their worldwide knowledge base is pretty impressive - as an example I am presently invloved with commissioning a liquid oxygen plant that is closer to residential housing than the EU regulations permit.  The only way we could get approval was (amongst other things) to use non-flamable and ultra-cold rated hydraulic oils.  Fuchs were able to supply oil used in the aerospace industry. I can't confirm that it's used on the Space Shuttle, but it bloody should be at close to USD1,000/litre!

Anyway - I digress.  I personally would have no problems using their products.

There's no doubt that Fuchs do make some very high end products for the aerospace industry but for their engine oil? The UOA result from Fuchs are pretty normal or avg at best, nothing exordinary...

There's no doubt that Fuchs do make some very high end products for the aerospace industry but for their engine oil? The UOA result from Fuchs are pretty normal or avg at best, nothing exordinary...

well in Australia they supply oil for the

Dodo & WPS v8 supercar teams (GT a 0w20 ester synthetic)

Lamatina brothers 4.6 second top fueler (Formula 60 a 25w/60 Mineral)

John Zappia's worlds fastest Top Doorslamer 5.98 seconds(Formula 60)

Porsche Carrera Cup cars have to use GT1 0w/20 in the engines and they drain it every 3 - 4 race meetings.

WA State sports sedan champion (Supersyn 5w40 PAO Synthetic)

Would Mercedes Benz. BMW, AUDI & VW use it if it was no good?

Kawasaki Moto GP and World superbike teams use Fuchs Silkolene in their race bikes!

ASH

Yeah so what. Mobil/Castrol/Shell do all that do dah too. It doesn't mean their consumber products are the best out there though.

I wouldnt hesistate to give them a shot however. Pity the GT is too damn thin for our motors.

Edited by Busky2k

well in Australia they supply oil for the

Dodo & WPS v8 supercar teams (GT a 0w20 ester synthetic)

Lamatina brothers 4.6 second top fueler (Formula 60 a 25w/60 Mineral)

John Zappia's worlds fastest Top Doorslamer 5.98 seconds(Formula 60)

Porsche Carrera Cup cars have to use GT1 0w/20 in the engines and they drain it every 3 - 4 race meetings.

WA State sports sedan champion (Supersyn 5w40 PAO Synthetic)

Would Mercedes Benz. BMW, AUDI & VW use it if it was no good?

Kawasaki Moto GP and World superbike teams use Fuchs Silkolene in their race bikes!

ASH

Busky2k, I second that.

Are you able to get those above mention oil from your local parts store?

Busky2k, I second that.

Are you able to get those above mention oil from your local parts store?

The products listed are consumer products available from most parts stores. I put a couple of those sponsorship deals together and can vouch for the fact that they are consumer products and not some special brew made for racing.

As you may have guessed I work for Fuchs. I will say that most Syntrhetic engine oils of any brand will be more than capable of doing the job for road and track use. So dont be caught up in marketing hype and purchase the best qualtiy oil you can afford. Try and pick the one with the highest API petrol rating for the money you want to spend. API petrol rating SM is currently the highest available. Dont worry about how high the API CF/CG/CH or CI-4 rating as this is for diesels.

Here is a list of Fuchs Synthetic oils available in Australia

GT-1 - 0w/20 API SL (Ester base) made in Germany

Supersyn 5w/40 API SM/CF-4 (PAO/Ester) made in Canada

Supersyn 0w/30 API SL/CF (PAO base) made in Germany

GTO 10w/30 API SL (MC Synthetic group III) made in Australia

GTO 10w/40 API SL (MC Synthetic group III) made in Australia

another option is Performance plus 15w/40 SL/CF semi synthetic. This product is a bit cheaper than full synthetics but performs very well. We have a few Japanese Turbo drag cars using Performance Plus. Including Grant from Per4ormanz Turbos SR20 powered 120Y running 9's.

I hope that helps

ASH

The products listed are consumer products available from most parts stores. I put a couple of those sponsorship deals together and can vouch for the fact that they are consumer products and not some special brew made for racing.

As you may have guessed I work for Fuchs. I will say that most Syntrhetic engine oils of any brand will be more than capable of doing the job for road and track use. So dont be caught up in marketing hype and purchase the best qualtiy oil you can afford. Try and pick the one with the highest API petrol rating for the money you want to spend. API petrol rating SM is currently the highest available. Dont worry about how high the API CF/CG/CH or CI-4 rating as this is for diesels.

Here is a list of Fuchs Synthetic oils available in Australia

GT-1 - 0w/20 API SL (Ester base) made in Germany

Supersyn 5w/40 API SM/CF-4 (PAO/Ester) made in Canada

Supersyn 0w/30 API SL/CF (PAO base) made in Germany

GTO 10w/30 API SL (MC Synthetic group III) made in Australia

GTO 10w/40 API SL (MC Synthetic group III) made in Australia

another option is Performance plus 15w/40 SL/CF semi synthetic. This product is a bit cheaper than full synthetics but performs very well. We have a few Japanese Turbo drag cars using Performance Plus. Including Grant from Per4ormanz Turbos SR20 powered 120Y running 9's.

I hope that helps

ASH

ASH, thanks alot for the insight of Fuchs base stocks. What is the HTHS for the above mention oil? btw do you have the sequence IIIG test results for 5w40 since it's rated API SM?

Just to let you guys know, API SL means pretty much shit all in terms of how good an oil is. Its friggin easy to pass, even Castrols shitty GTX2 at 20 bux a bottle is API SM certified now.

API = nothing. I'd be more inclined to look at other OEM certifications such as MB 229.3, VW and Porsche recommendations to half tell how decent an oil is.

Just to let you guys know, API SL means pretty much shit all in terms of how good an oil is. Its friggin easy to pass, even Castrols shitty GTX2 at 20 bux a bottle is API SM certified now.

API = nothing. I'd be more inclined to look at other OEM certifications such as MB 229.3, VW and Porsche recommendations to half tell how decent an oil is.

If API = Nothing go buy a SF and stick it in. Good luck with the longevity of ya engine.

I agree that the OE specs are important. Most oil companys will make products to meet the OE Specs. But will the cheaper products still meet these specs after 10,000 or 15,000 kms.

OE specs can be of little relavance, VW spec 506.01 is designed for the new VW Tourag v10 twin turbo diesel with extended oil drain. Now if you dont know what VW 506.01 is designed to do, you buy to stick it into your 600 hp GTR what point is that.

What i am saying is that API specs are a good general guide :P

ASH

Well by saying an API SM oil is good, then I guess everyone can get away with GTX2 then? API specs are not hard to meet. ACEA are tougher. <_<

Every half decent oil is API SL/SM rated now. Mobil 1 is SM. So is Castrol GTX2. Does that mean they are as good as each other? Obviously not. So by saying Fuchs meets API SM its suddenly a great oil? No. OE certs are usually harder to meet than API standards such as MB and VW's so they are more relavant. (Although I wouldn't expect GT1 to meet OE specs just like 300V, Redline etc)

Looking at raw details such as the base oil, the additive packages and performance in UOAs is more of an indication of how good an oil is, not just what API spec it is. And Fuchs in this regard have shown nothing out of the ordinary. :D

Then again any oil isnt even at least API rated SL, it doesn't be deserved to be put into any car whatsoever!

Cheers B)

Edited by Busky2k