SAU Community

Bov's Allowed Ova Pits?

PHATR32

hey guys,

'

i got a set of hks ssq bov's and gotta get my car licenced.

I was wondering if it would be better to complelty remove them and temporealy block the holes, or just block the vacuum hose so they dont make any noise?

would it matter if they can see the bov's??

thanks

steve

when are you aking it over?

ill have a chat with my house mates boy and see what he did... i dont think he did anythingi think he just took it over... they come out with them and most people dont know what it looks like... *apparently*

Took mine over the pits on Friday.

The blow off valve was fine and its pretty loud aswell.

The things to watch out for are leaking shocks hahaha as mine was leaking a bit before so i just wiped it and hey presto passed!

And had to also get child restraining seats as someone had removed them previously in r34.

There not to harsh on things and if it fails you just fix up whatever and they only check the second time around the things that failed.

Just take the bov off and block off the hole with a plate. Then disconnect the waste gate actuator ROD. That way the car wont make boost, and wont flutter loudly.

My car until recently never had a bov and used to flutter really loudly. They failed it (amoung other things) for induction noise, and so i just D/C the actuator rod, no boost = no flutter.

He also said it was slow so i just nodded :)

Brent.