SAU Community

The Sunny Coast Chat Post

Baysidebluebnr34

get ya deep ass dish rims out!

what width are the rear? looks like about 3 feet. LOL

yeah the dish is pretty mean... rears are 10" wide ... cant fit that big of a tyre tho even with the pumped gaurds.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont recomend george mays. not very happy with his work there at all. At the end of the day, I had to reinstall the injectors that they idnt put in properly and fuel was spraying all over the engine bay, after they worked on it a heater hose was moved and rubbing on the exhaust, so I had to replace that also, the tune was very very bad, didnt go as good as it did when it went in, and he just wasnt interested in helping me get it going right.

I paid nearly a grand for nothing really cause I had to fit the injectors, had to get it tuned elswhere to fix his tuning (they said he only tuned a small rev range and guessed the rest) and had to replace the heater hose and go without the car for weeks!

NOT HAPPY!

just my experience with George Mays.

Rhys

i havnt heard a lot of good things about old george may either... does some good customising of metal work, plumbing and manifolds but the rest is a bit dodgy.

i know that h +e auto electrics in noosa are very good at what they do but i dont know if they can tune an ecu at all... dont even know if they are still there.

place ive heard only good things about it charlies motors in brissie... dont know much about them tho. i think they tuned my power fc before i bought the car and it runs well... reliable + power.

yeah the dish is pretty mean... rears are 10" wide ... cant fit that big of a tyre tho even with the pumped gaurds.

Is that all.. Get your 18/11's out :(

Are you going Drift nats dude? I might try get a trade plate for the day..

post-15238-1149694087.jpg

hey drift limo, saw your ceffie on the side of the road yesterday out the front of lifeline in kunda park with the bonnet up. seen it at george mays ages ago aswell. where has it been for so long? not rego'ed im guessing....

hey drift limo, saw your ceffie on the side of the road yesterday out the front of lifeline in kunda park with the bonnet up. seen it at george mays ages ago aswell. where has it been for so long? not rego'ed im guessing....

Hahahaha yeah that was about 1/2 an hour after we picked it up.. Stalled like 5 times from Racecraft to where we were sitting lol. Had to go buy a new battery... Managed to limped it home (on base maps with 4 cylinders running :dry: ) You were'nt in the blue festiva were you?

Nah she's not even complied yet.. May be looking at a new bottom end first :)

Chris your talking about Blakes old Ceffy yeah?.. I was gonna buy that but couldn't get the cash at the time. I'm good mates with Ryan :wacko:

Hahahaha yeah that was about 1/2 an hour after we picked it up.. Stalled like 5 times from Racecraft to where we were sitting lol. Had to go buy a new battery... Managed to limped it home (on base maps with 4 cylinders running >_< ) You were'nt in the blue festiva were you?

Nah she's not even complied yet.. May be looking at a new bottom end first :nyaanyaa:

Chris your talking about Blakes old Ceffy yeah?.. I was gonna buy that but couldn't get the cash at the time. I'm good mates with Ryan :)

no i was in the falcon work ute, i drove past as i was heading back to work.

how hard is it goin to be to get it complied now that the 15 year rule is out and u have to go through sevs compliance??

Ah just some guy in a festiva tooted and waved..

Already been through this with my Laurel wich is uncomplied too.. Only need the import approval to state it came in under the 15 year scheme.. Will still be eligble under that rule.

Unsure if its worth the effort to get it engineered atm.. Will prob get rolled by the popo every week if I rego it :

Edited by Drift_Limo

Go the BLUES!! Oh yeah - we suck...

Keen to go to drift nats - still organising tho.

egg ball ay, i dont even watch the sport untill this time of the year but egg ball is a bit of a silly thing to say unless you are a nsw man and just trying to protect yourself...like me haha.

dish is the enemy... my wheels are rubbing on my wire loom in the wheel arch. and i finally got my brake booser fixed and now the brake lights get stuck on some times.. import = pain and money but you cant get around it.

Haha i remember seeing that ceffie at george mays for ages, looked fat! Pitty about george mays doing the work though, my mates 200sx was getting some work done there and he charge a hidious amount for the work...