SAU Community

Rb26 Conversion Tutorial - How To Do It!

CruiseLiner

I used the Stagea pump, bracket (I slotted the rear-most mount bolt to make it easier to install with the twin turbos), and crank pulley. Seemed like the easiest solution and has worked for just at a year now without problems.

Ah ha you put the RB25 crank pulley on th RB26 to line up, that makes sense, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I am currently doing an RB26dett manual transplant to my previously RB25det s1 auto Stagea, here's a few pics, let me know if you need any more pics (R33 handbrake mounting, R34 clutch pedal & master install etc.) and I'll try and post them as it's still in the process of conversion........

Have you started to work out the wiring side of things yet?

I am starting to think this is a better way to go than keeping the Rb25. Have been looking into this conversion a bit more lately.

Did you lift the motor and box in from below or did you feed it in from the top?

Have you started to work out the wiring side of things yet?

I am starting to think this is a better way to go than keeping the Rb25. Have been looking into this conversion a bit more lately.

Did you lift the motor and box in from below or did you feed it in from the top?

I have the various Stagea / GTR wiring diagrams and have been scribbling notes on them as to which wires need to go where, but have not as yet started to physically cut wires and unwrap looms. I am still doing the final mechanicals, currently sorting out a rear GTR 4.11 LSD and driveshaft conversion to match the new GTR front ratios and upgrade to LSD rear.

I should get to start the wiring in the next few weeks so I'll post up progress and pics as I go. I would also like to hook up the GTR's front torque split gauge but haven't had a look at the wiring for that yet, and I have a torque split controller to wire in at the same time.

If anyone out there has any RS260 wiring diagrams please post them up! (I will swap you some hen's teeth! lol)

I pulled the motor and box out from the top and the same to put the 26 & manual in............see pics....................

post-65070-1255070197_thumb.jpg

post-65070-1255070455_thumb.jpg

post-65070-1255070682_thumb.jpg

post-65070-1255071038_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

bump

has anyone got wiring diagrams for the rb26 engine loom to ecu and to what wires in the s1 stagea needs to be redone to get the rb26 to work with

and the wiring of the plug for the auto to manuel gearbox

thanks

Edited by Big Ozone

bump

has anyone got wiring diagrams for the rb26 engine loom to ecu and to what wires in the s1 stagea needs to be redone to get the rb26 to work with

and the wiring of the plug for the auto to manuel gearbox

thanks

I would think you need the RB26 loom and ecu. For the auto wires look in the DIY section above in the manual conversion thread.

I would think you need the RB26 loom and ecu. For the auto wires look in the DIY section above in the manual conversion thread.

Yes I do know I need a rb26 engine to ecu loom as I have that it's the wiring of that loom to the stagea std loom I need a diagram of.

And as for the auto wires I've had a look in the manual conversion thread and can't find the relevant post

Post No 1 first pic:

DSC05438.jpg

Post No 1 below last pic:

Go back to the front of car with the four plugs. The two pin grey plug is your inhibitor switch, put a loop between those (cut plug off auto trans loom). The brown plug is for the reverse lights (well two pins of it anyway), hook those up.