SAU Community

Max Hp Out Of Standard Rb25

Once i have slicks fitted under the rear hopefully next week,I will be at WSID hopefully next wenesday night.As for the engine there are 2 things i can see going wrong with it

The head lifting and the oil surgeing.If this doesnt happen then the engine should last.I am interested to see how long the engine lasts for.

The Computer is a HYDRA ecu Made by MDAC in my area.It has the capabilties of a haltech except much easy to tune and more auxs such as launch control.

As for the dyno i straped it correctly and it was on Shoot6f

All corrections will be on the dyno sheet which will be posted on here in 2 to 3 days.

I dont know what else will go wrong with the engine.But when it does like i said

i have my other motor there waiting.With a N1 pump.

UPDATE

the engine just pushed 502 Hp rear wheels on 18 psi.All on pump fuel

i will be running C16 in it next wenesday for the drag meet so hopefully i can see a 20 hp power increase.

Edited by LNEMUP498HP

I'm still astounded on the "150 odd time" on the dyno!!!

If it lasted this long on the dyno, then there would be no question whether the engine would last.

A modified GT35 can make those power comfortably, But I didn't see the "modified" word.

whilst i admire the power you are making i have some concern's over reliability and safety of the tune.

how safe is the ecu tune? has it been checked recently? how much heat are you seeing?

we have seen 500hp+ rb25's go bang when the owner kept saying nah nah nah its fine i can make this power. sure you can make the power but is it safe? its your car at the end of the day just would hate to see it go bang. we have seen built engines witth proper internals do this, but not safely on stock pistons and other internals.

yeah whats up with the ECU? what does it support? what features?

hope it doesnt go bang :(

Yeah the turbo is a GT 35/40 700 hp Ball bearing turbo.and if people want to travel i am willing to put the car on the dyno in front of them to prove the power then you can see it in use on the track.the car has done a total of 167 dyno passes so far changing boost pressures from 13 psi to 18 and different fuels with different ways of tuning it and yeah of course it goes on to show off.But i am more then impressed with the power and if it has last this many dyno passes im sure its gonna last at the track.

If people want photos they will be up soon

when i can get my computer back from a friend on mine.

The ecu supports all the outputs as a haltech But has a benefit its a plug and play computer with a internal built 3 bar map sensor.The computer is sold at wild 1 motorsport and for all questions contact

Jason At wild 1 motorsport on (02) 42743500

Edited by LNEMUP498HP

Thats excellent power mate, i'm also very interested to see how long this rb hangs on for. I think we all are guessing that it will go in the end, but its simply a case of how long this beast lasts. At least you're planning it and have a spare one thats built and ready to go. Please get those dyno charts and some pics up! :P

hello to everyone

I changed Fuels in the car and gained 2 -3 hp

i wouldnt call the 2-3 hp a rise in power though

different temps in a day will change this

I am going to be running c16 in the car to see the difference now prob be more reliable but wont gain hp

will update to see how it goes.

A friend of mine will be posting the dyno sheet

I will be posting photos in the next 2 days

Where do i post and how do i post on the site.

Is there someone i send the photos too.

I will be takeing the car to powercruise at eastern creek and racing it next wenesday night if everything goes well.ill see how far this engine can go

if it lasts for 1 to 2 months then im going to run 24 psi and see how that goes. Then i will drop the other motor in and use the NOS to see power out of it with the new motor.

I HAVE FAITH IN IT

lol

170 passes later

and 4 burnouts now

lol

Thanks champ

I am trying to get the boost to ramp up quicker but every method i am trying isnt working but will not stop trying untill it is done.

i have done about 60 passes on 13 psi making 380hp and about 100 passes on 18 making anything from 490 to 502 varying on temps of the day and fuels.

I will update new sheet comparing c16 to optimax on my car and

some photos of everything tomorrow

Edited by LNEMUP498HP

So u saying its bad or good ......?????

i dont understand what you are trying to say to me

I ramp it at 3200 rpm and comes on boost straight away till it hits 18 psi at 7600 rpm

i am playing with the boost contoller to get it on boost quicker and it seems to me that the wastegate is bleeding off and opening to earlier

Edited by LNEMUP498HP

So u saying its bad or good ......?????

i dont understand what you are trying to say to me

I ramp it at 3200 rpm and comes on boost straight away till it hits 18 psi at 7600 rpm

i am playing with the boost contoller to get it on boost quicker and it seems to me that the wastegate is bleeding off and opening to earlier

Have you maybe thought that it hasn't broken yet because the boost has an almost linear rise to it. Looks like huge wastegate creep to me and I would probably leave it as is because it will be alot more tracable down the track and will not stress the internals as much as it would if you had more boost in earlier.

Wastegate creep from hell.

And doughboy, you in the 'gong and not visiting me or bringing me apple pie? that's slack!

Jason, leave the boost as it is for now and race it - THEN get the wastegate checked and run it again.

Oh, and come to the UAS dyno day on the 11th and put us all to shame!

Adrian

• Like 1

BU5TER ain't no rb25..

power is a great figure..

the boost curve seems weird and to me would be annoying..

Good luck on wednesday night.

Just a question but have you done any drag racing before?

and have you done it on slicks and have you done it in this car before?

hope your clutch is up to the tastk

Not trying to offend here.. I am just saying that you MAY or may not get good times depending on experience I guess.

cheers

I think you guys are being a bit kind, or is it that I am more of realist, or just more cynical?

1. There is simply no comparison between a dyno run and a run down the ¼. On the dyno there are no gearchanges, no sudden changes of load, no rev limiter touches, no uncontrolled rpm climb rate, a load cell to smooth out the load, no clutch grab, no throttle opening changes, no torque load changes as the tyres grip and the diff takes up etc etc.

2. The failure points are the usual standard RB25 suspects, little ends, big ends, rod bolts, piston ring lands, piston crowns, head gasket and main bearings. It is simply a matter of which bit fails first.

3. With that power band (did someone say dyno queen style) it is going to be very slow, more commensurate with its average power than its max power. My guess is it is going to drop off boost on every gear change and be a real pain in the ass to launch. It will be all wheelspin city or bog the dog.

Should we have an ET and TS guessing game?

My 20 cents is on a 12.5 at 120 mph

:) cheers :D

Edited by Sydneykid

Should we have an ET and TS guessing game?

My 20 cents is on a 12.5 at 120 mph

Not when I did 12.09 @123mph on 259rwkw, with a powerband more peaky than that. Come on Gary, you should know about certain tricks to keep the turbo spooled between gearchanges or off launch. And didn't "your" R34 GT-T do an 11 with alot less power than that?