SAU Community

Max Hp Out Of Standard Rb25

That's one weird dyno graph!!!

After seeing that. Don't put it on the track until your second motor is built. But it's still intrigueing all the same.

My interpretation of good HP is derive in the shortest possible time. with the biggest plateau of torque.

That graph doesn't show any of those 2 attributes.

I didn't want to rain down on anyone parade, but it's the truth.

Gee, you guys dont think you are being a bit too critical?

He has put a big fark off turbo on his std RB25 whilst he is building the engine the turbo will ultimately be used on.

In the meantime he is going to lean on the std motor and see how it all hangs together.

Good luck to him i say, worst case is it dies and the new engine goes in, something he seems ready to do. We get to sit back and see how it all goes.

Based on what i have seen of cars with owners i trust, i think ppl sell the strength of the RB25 well short... i knw they well the RB20 short :D I suspect 500hp is a btui too much, but for short blasts like down the drag strip...maybe it will live?

As for the power delivert, considering what the engine is, i dont see it being that bad...the delivery does seem to suggest it wont be lighting up rear tyres as some other plots i have seen suggest.

Just hope you have a good clutch in that bay boy if you hope to hold that power with good drag radials, ie, not a twin plate solid centre:)

are you sure thats the power graph? if you get a chance have a talk to John on dyno day and he might be able to explain the benefits of midrange and how to tune for it

I don't understand this post, are you saying that John's a great tuner and can give advise to others about engines and state of tune?

Doughie, 12.09 on 259rwkw? Pusseh! :D

Now,

I think if the guy is gonna race it instead of just TALK ABOUT "HIS" DYNO CHART and BEAT HIS TINY INVISIBLE DRUM then good luck to him.

The more racers out there the better. If you're not playing in the same game, perhaps you should reserve your opportuniy to comment.

Adrian

Aww come on, was my 3rd run ever, I missed a gearchange, I had a load of pastries in the boot, my Mum forgot to give me my hankie, Brett's tyres weren't balanced, I installed a cam one tooth out... the list goes on.

No doubt Jason will race, but where do I get these drums from? Do they stock violins?

I think if the guy is gonna race it instead of just TALK ABOUT "HIS" DYNO CHART and BEAT HIS TINY INVISIBLE DRUM then good luck to him.

Adrian

See i dont even agree with that. Why does someone have to race it to, or facing being ridiculed as "beating his tiny invisible drum" ???

I personally dont see the sense of having a hugely powerful road car unless you were interested in soem form of racing..but im not going to load up a guy if he decides he would rather not race it. Nor do i think the guy is some god or way cool just because he does decide to race it. Hats off for be willign to give it a punt, and break something yes, but just cause you race it doesnt make anyone better then the next guy...Different strokes for different folks i say.

Its his car, if he likes doing burnouts with 500rwhp, the cool. If he likes puling big numbers on a dyno then cool. If he likes the feel of a big turbo then cool. Its his car and it seems to be at interim state of tune with the std engine. Ppl seem so concerned abotu what others are doign...i suspect others woudlnt car if he was makign 300rwhp. Is it because its 500rwhp ppl have to be so critical.

If he posted up how do i make my car go quicker down the qtr miel i could understand some of the posts...but yeh bloody brag racers :D

Roy, missed the point entirely, mate. My post was for the benefit of someone who dreams up RB31DET's all day and criticises others' performances on that basis.... i.e. his day-dream of a RBStroker.

Adrian

Roy, missed the point entirely, mate. My post was for the benefit of someone who dreams up RB31DET's all day and criticises others' performances on that basis.... i.e. his day-dream of a RBStroker.

Adrian

Oh... we have never met, but i tend to drink a bit too much..and its Friday,and im blonde :D

LOL, even if i did jump the start, there is a bit of a tone these days to hang it on guys that dotn want to race their cars but still appear to have achieved good results

Alot of typing in one night .

Anyway

Racing at the drags isnt a problem been racing JDs from 8 years old and now some big cars.I prob have more balls in driving my car then the blokes doubting me.I have raced with slicks and at the drags my reaction times are anywhere from .005 to .120. off the point

i took the car on the road today did a good half an hour of thrashing lasted me fine so far no missing or problems.It spins the tyres in 1st,2nd,3rd gears but is also axle tramping in so i will need to do some more suspension work. The box isnt selecting gears right so i wont be going drags till i sort this problem out as i am going there to run in the 10s

i have sorted the boost creep in the wastegate through a electronic valve now so it will be on boost straight away,no creeping. I will be taking the car to the track and unlike so people in this forum have some faith

lol

lol

if i can get it to spin and go straight on the street

then it will go fine down the track with slicks on

and if the car doesnt go right i always have some gas to help me be on boost and if the motor blows shit happens ive got my back up

Anyways Adrian

i dont know if you are having a bitch or talking good

ill let my car do the talking

IF PEOPLE ARE SO CONIFDENT WITH THERE CARS ALL I CAN SAY IS LNEMUP

Edited by LNEMUP498HP