SAU Community

Stagea Auto Transmision Changes.

bluesky4me

Hi. Just like my r33 auto.. the auto trany in my stagea seems to have a habbit of changing into 2nd very early when in normal auto mode and the opposite when in tripronic mode ( hangs on to 1st gear for too long ).Its only a minor gripe and triptronic mode is a lot of fun and I have found that short shifting helps..but it would be nice to be able to reprogram the trany to shift at more appropriate points..any ideas??

Scott.

donno if that will help you but try reseting the computer - disconnect the battery and put a brick on the break pedal overnight (will draw all the power from mem chip) that should work only if the stagea remembers driving patterns

I quite like the responsiveness of the A/T in my stagea. in tiptronic/manual mode it's not going to change gears by itself at all so I'm not sure what you're trying to say there.

resetting the ecu only takes 30 sec,pull the fuses out and wait,then re-install.

as for changing the preset points,you could try chipping the A/T ecu,but unless you know exactly what you're doing,you're more likely to make it worse to drive than better. there are several factors that determine when the box will change gears,playing with them singly may produce the results you desire,but may also make things worse. tinker if you must.

nissan generally get that sort of thing right though.

Justin...