SAU Community

Losing Water Through Heater Coil.

LANFOH

G'day

As the heading states Im losing water from the heater coil inside my car and have to keep refilling my radiator to keep temps down. Has anybody changed one of these before. Im pretty sure that Ill have to take apart the dash to access it and was wondering if I could save some time f**king around if somebody tat has done it before.

Thanks.

Michael

yeah dash out job, only takes a few hours when you havent done it before.

i remember when mine went, its was a cold morning so i had to open the windows the let the steam poor out haha.. very hard to see when this is happening in peak hour traffic lol

yeah dash out job, only takes a few hours when you havent done it before.

i remember when mine went, its was a cold morning so i had to open the windows the let the steam poor out haha.. very hard to see when this is happening in peak hour traffic lol

Cheers mate,

Lol.... Ill hopefully get it done before winter kicks in, might just bypass it for now, and change it when I find the time, I hardly use the heater and AC anyway.

you dont have to take out your dash to do this job if you dont mind degassing your ac in a R33 GTST anyway. Once your ac is degassed there is 2 big nuts on the ac lines at the firewall and 4 or so 10mm bolts inside and the ac evap core will come out and you can get to the heater core then. is a bit of a prick of a job but it can be done.