SAU Community

Advice On Sound System For R33

leo2nv

Hey guys.. Recently added a lcd and dvd headunit to my skyline and now i want too add new speakers before i transfer my Rockford Amp and 12inch sub from my sil too the sky.

Ive been looking at getting Pioneer TS-C160R for the fronts and TS-D61S for the rears.

Link for the rears: http://www.pioneer.com.au/car_entertainmen...691s/index.html

Link for the fronts: http://www.pioneer.com.au/car_entertainmen...160r/index.html

I know that i will need to get a spacer for the rear too fit the 6x9's in. Just wanting to know whether this would be a good set up in the skyline and i also need to know what amp too get that will provide enough power for the speakers.

If anyone knows any other good speaker set up please let me know.

cheers

I've got pioneer 3-ways in the front, would def recommend getting the splits for the front..

As for the rears.. well.. you'll have to hack a bit of the back up to put them in as it's a structural support for the car..

Try and get an amp and do it all at once.. the Splits will be much better than..

thanks for the reply.. when you say hack a abit of the back.. wat do u mean by that??? acutally moved the parcel shelf??? Or just adding the spacers??

Yeah i know i need a amp but how many watts and channels do i need to support the speakers? Correct me if im right but i know i need a 4 channel amp???

4 channel amp to run 4 speakers, sure. If you're running the sub, you'd need a 5 channel or a 4 and a seperate amp to drive the sub.

By hacking the parcel-tray, he means: cut the metal underneath the wooden parcel tray. Never do this! As mentioned, it's structural, and shouldn't be messed with for the sake of fitting speakers.

I've heard that 6x9's will fit with a spacer, but that just looks too bodgey for my likings. =-]

If you're running a sub, you just need nice 2 or 3-way 6.5" drivers for rear "fill"... they don't really need to produce much bass at all. (that's the subs job!)

Edited by RANDY

Ive got 330w pioneer 6/9"s in the back and splits in the front and an 800w pioneer sub in the boot all powered by a 3200w 5 channel amp screwed to the back of the sub box in my R33, it was a real and I mean major prick getting the std speakers out of the parcel shelf and had to use spacers to fit the 6/9s but the sound is awsome in a coupe, the spacers dont look to bad for the moment but soon im going to copy what a mate did in his commo when he put 7/10s in and make moulded spacers for the shelf and just buy some shelf carpet and retrim the shelf around the spacers up to the edge of the speakers it looks pretty neat in his commo as if it was built like that and is not really a big job, just cut like two or three pieces of chip board with a jigsaw each smaller than the next to fit around the speakers glue the pieces together and then file and sand the edges to slope up towards the speakers, pull the carpet of the shelf and glue or screw your new spacers in then add the new carpet up over the spacers cut the holes in the carpet for the speakers and along the edges of the shelf making sure its all smooth then glue it down and your done just drop the speakers in and add screws and youve got a custom shelf and it looks mint, neither my mate or I are motor trimmers or the like and it looks professional, dosn't cost much and only takes a couple of hours like I said the hardest part is taking out the standard speakers I had to break the plastic mounts to get them out but you dont need them if your using bigger speakers unless your thinking of putting the stock ones back later.

i see i see

i want sumthing that will pump hard from a mile away.. u reckons i can get that with 6inchs at the the back??? wats better at the back for 6inch?? 2 way or 3 way??