SAU Community

The Coupe's Back Seat

One area of the skyline that is hardly covered, at least in photography terms, is the back seat.

I've seen a few pictures, but there's not many available and its still not painting much of a

picture for me. There's been a bit of discussion about it, but not quite to the extent im looking for.

I don't have kids, nor am I looking to get kids anytime soon, and if I was id be getting a stagea im

sure. But.. I do have two dogs. Boarder Collies to be exact. One is an adult, and one is just a pup,

but he is growing quickly, and by the lankiness and the size of his feet, it seems as though he's gonna

be a big dog.

Naturally, I wouldn't let any animals in my car, my friends just have way to greasy hands. Don't think

I want to let my doggies in my car either, but at least they are cleaner than my friends. The girlfriend

says if I get a skyline, the doggies have to ride with us too. So im thinking, f**k, its not time for a stagea

yet, and the only sedan out of the skylines that is worth taking a look at is the R34 (those rides look tough!).

So I guess im back into the idea of getting an R33. Not touching a sedan though if I can help it. So it looks

like it'll be an R33 coupe for me. Hoping for something less common than the R33, which is why I liked the

R34, but I simply cannot afford that, as well as eating steak for dinner each night.

Basically, what I want to know is -- the back seat. Is it gonna be enough for two dogs? Putting one of the

front seats forward to let a doggy or two in isnt going to be a big deal, coz they'll just jump right in eagerly.

I wont be riding with the doggies all the time, maybe just on the weekends if we go for a cruise to a puppy

park or something, y'know. I have a 5 door corolla at the moment, and the doggies try to live in the front

as it is, simply because they want to be where the action is. Im thinking the R33 coupe *may* have a

backseat that is too small, and make them want to be in the front seat even more. I've seen a few R33s,

y'know, looking in the window and such, but ive never actually sat in one since I dont want to waste anyones

time if im not there to buy. Dont have any friends that own such a car either.

Can I get some opinions on the backseat? some photos maybe (these seem to be the rarest)? Obviously

in the coupe the back windows dont open (or do they?). Will there be enough ventilation for the puppies? I dont want them to feel trapped in the back there. Can I get some sort of harness that will keep them comfortable, but stop them from cruising into the front cabin, or do I just have to nail some boost to keep

them pushed in the back? harhar!

Ideally im looking for opinions from people who own these 'lines and some pets that come for cruises too, but anyone is welcome to comment and im open to opinions.

Lastly, the backseat in my opinion has gotta be one of the least exciting parts of a skyline, I guess this is

why not many photos of it exist. Anyone done anything noteworthy to their back seats other than take them out? :cheers:

I reckon the back seat in the skylines are pretty cool. 4 seater cars gives bucket seats in the back as well...

Its not the biggest back seat out there, but you could probably get your dogs in there.

the rear windows don't open, but put both the front windows down and the dogs will probably tell you to put them back up as they are getting too much air blowing right at them, so no problem with ventilation...

and depending on the position of the front seats, there is enough room for people to sit back there...but if the driver or passenger is tall, then forget about leg room :O

I'll get you a picture or 2 afterwards

If your dogs will can sit on the seat and stay there, then I don't think there'd be any probs. However if they like to move around, then I think the coupe will be too small for you.

I'm nearing the 6ft mark and there is no room behind my seat.

You can see from my seating position there isn't any leg room there, so if you're around my height, your dogs would have to actually be on the seat.

the only way your dogs would be able to get into the front whilst driving would be through the centre console area.

post-19364-1141182262.jpg

nice photo lordsnipe, but im getting a headache looking at it on an angle like that.. way too artistic for me :O

anyone else with any other photos of the backseat?

Realistically I need to look at one in person, and perhaps even take a seat in the back to get an idea, but like I said I don't want to waste anyones time if im not going to buy. Unless of course if anyone in brisbane in the aspley area wants to meet up and show me their liner ;D

im going to pick up my little brother from school in 10 mins, so ill take the camera wen i get in the car....and i dont have an artistic bone in my body so dont worry :smile:

heres the photo as promised...its a bit hard to show the amount of space that there is back there...but thats my passenger seat in whatever position...probably not all the way back, but close...

post-22515-1141191175.jpg

is that a photo of the backseat of a 4 door GTS-T, cogs?

Was only looking for the coupe pics if that's the case ..

thanks for the pic dezz .. im getting excited! looks like you've had

some passengers in the back, they left a little bit of grub on the carpet.

It's not the carpet im worried about, now its just the doggies chewing

the interior :geek:

Anyone else had experience with travellers travelling on paws in your skyline?

have probably only had someone in the back on about 3 occasions so far, and i havent got my mats in there yet...

cogs' photo is of a 2 door GTS-4, which has the same interior as all the other R33 Coupes :smile:

as for passengers in general, if i've only got 1 rear passenger, i tell them to sit on the passenger side, as the person in the passenger seat can give up some leg room, where as the driver needs to be in the position they're comfortable driving in...

i have had a full car load before, and that was for a 30+ minute drive, and i didnt hear much whinging, so it should be ok mate :smile:

my gtst is a 5 seater.

u can "turn" it into a 4 seater by hiding or removing the middle seatbelt .. its not too hard to do, just remove the rear seat and you can see.

mine is complied and registered as a 4 seater...pretty sure thats how nissan japan intended them to be, and any with 5 seatbelts (R33's this is) have been made that way, probably once coming to australia...

my gtst is a 5 seater.

u can "turn" it into a 4 seater by hiding or removing the middle seatbelt .. its not too hard to do, just remove the rear seat and you can see.

Mine has a lap sash seatbelt for the middle section of the rear seat, it doesn't even look like a seat! I get the shortest person to sit in the middle otherwise I can't see in my rearview :rolleyes:

P.S I dunno about you, but the backseat in my 33 is a b*tch to remove, especially the bottom part

im not doubting that you guys that have said your 33 has a 5th seatbelt....but its not a seat. they are 4 seaters from factory...the backs are supposed to be buckets as well...the middle is just not a seat, and i dont see it being to safe/supportive in that respect....