SAU Community

Home Builders In Wa

SR32

im in hocking which is a little bit further up from darch. cant fkn wait for the houses around us to be finished cos i get woken so damn early by the workmen and the f*kn jiffy truck comin round to deliver them brekky!

building our house wasnt the most pleasurable experience but once ya move in all the bad memories seem to disappear :laugh:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In-vogue - mate just finished with them and would say they are middle of the road as far as builders go time wise...and workmanship is less than perfect IMHO. Build time for a 430sqm place was 12m

Novus - Very good experience with our place being complete in 8 months. Again, 430sqm or so. would build with them again. Definate quality difference - tiling, plastering etc.

Having said that, I some builders are inflicted with one bad one, one good one....its just the luck of the draw...sometimes.

Have fun!

My dad owns a ex-display Novus home in Iluka, I wouldn't buy one of their house, there are cracks in the walls (in the plaster I guess) everywhere, numerous door handles have fallen off, pantry door scrapes on the tiles, any sorta vibration outside will make all the windows shake (more than normal), moisture soaks through a bathroom wall (the one the shower is on), I think that is all....pretty shoddy IMO

On the left just after Driver Road, quite a bit further down "Kingsway" road after where u are :P

haha that 'Kingsway' shits me, why is it not a road/street/avenue!?!

QUOTE(_8OO5TED_ @ 5 Apr 2006, 04:06 PM)

On the left just after Driver Road, quite a bit further down "Kingsway" road after where u are

Hey isnt Driver road just before the hill up Kingsway road????

thought that name looked familiar...our estate is directly in front of where kingsway and driver road meet!!! hopefully our slab gets laid in about 6 weeks wooooooohooooooooooooo

just remember to be hell naggers and get on their backs if they aint doin the job right/on time! it makes it so much easier getting stuff done properly along the way rather than wait til handover and point stuff out then having to wait longer for it to be fixed up!

if u just let them do whatever, the quality of the job will be pretty average

im in hocking which is a little bit further up from darch. cant fkn wait for the houses around us to be finished cos i get woken so damn early by the workmen and the f*kn jiffy truck comin round to deliver them brekky!

i will make sure when im working out that way i will sing extra loud at 6am up on the roof hahaha any requests :domokun:

shmiddy yes i still would feel the same!!!

my bf works late nights and needs to sleep until AT LEAST 8am... its the LAW that they cannot start using noisy machinery etc before 7am... laws are there for a reason!

its also really bloody annoying waking to hear the air horn of the damn jiffy truck, nail guns, brick cutters and various other noisy machines!

they choose the job, damn i dont get to finish work early if its 40 degrees i am still stuck outside!

lol the 7am rule its easy to avoid cause its no industrial noise before 7 turn up at half 6 get all your gear ready then plug in the power at 7

tho i must admit i do try to get the quiet jobs done early and dont turn up the radio till about half 8 if you want to sleep past that wear earplugs

... its the LAW that they cannot start using noisy machinery etc before 7am... laws are there for a reason!

laws are there because of winging 9 to 5ers just like daylight savings you want more sunlight in your day get up earlier in summer suns up at 4 so am i

i dont have a problem with them starting before 7am, so long as they dont use their loud machinery. i dont even mind them starting at 6:45! but for example, on wed last week at 5:55 this bastard started cutting bricks for the driveway of the house to the side of us.. thats so not cool! so my bf and i both got approx. 5.5hrs sleep and i had to go to work at 8:30am... dont u think thats a bit unfair???

well your bf also chooses to work nights, personaly i think its selfish, and by complaining makes it worse because as soon as it turns 7 and we are legaly aloud to make noise, tools were not even using will ger started up, raidios faced your way, people dont like to complain when its there own house getting built but when theres is up and there moved in and workers are trying to push out the work the winge...

i didnt read your last post, yeah brick saws are loud as F86k.. but i guess in a new area you have to expect it, along with the sand blow ect ect..

like i said, i dont mind if its a little bit before 7... but closer 2 6am is just ridiculous and yes i will complain because its just not good! there is plenty of other things they can do before 7am.

ok dan shit stiring will be stopped

on topic weve just started working for covenant homes they seem to provide a good product all the trades ive seen on the job so far are quality and the builder is on the job at least once a day checking on things

man i havnt read so much shit in a long time until i came into this thread

*workmanship getting worse*

*lower quality*

*zero to builder in weeks*

*things not getting done on time*

*insane price rises - greedy builders*

I work for one of the companies mentioned in this thread, i was drafting, now im supervising and i can say most of the crap getting spoken in here is rediculas. People diss others who are "internet mechanics" same goes for you "internet builders". Unless your one of "us" learn your facts first.

For a start workmanship is generally not poor unless you get a duff trade which if it happens once, generally doesnt happen again. Hell, if a supervisor has over 30 jobs to look after and he is getting one bad trade x 30 - do you think he is going to want that extra stress on his shoulders - no. That tradie will either pull his finger out or he will be looking for work with another builder. FACT.

To be a builder is more then a 5 week tafe course, more like 7 years before you can become a registered builder. You can do a trades course sure, but if your shit you wont get employed - refer above rant. As someone else mentioned these trainees are generally under the wing of someone experianced, and if the trainee does a shit job its on the other dudes head

Things not getting done on time. Surely you watch tv and read the paper - There is a huge lack of trades atm. Plasteres, grano workers lack of materials; bricks etc. This is why things aint getting done on time, not because the builder is slack. With the huge amount of work on and the lack of trades things are taken their time - and when you hassle and hassle and hassle all thats happening is the supervisor is pulling his trades off another job, to do yours to keep you happy. So another job gets delayed - chain reaction

Price rises, this applies to the above. The price rises aint there for the builder to take advantage of the industry atm. The rises are due to the "few" tradies out there getting REALLY greedy and charging insane rates. If the builder says "we wont pay that" the tradie goes to somewhere that will. Materials are getting expensive aswell. So ontop of this builders raise the price to slow down the amount of people that are signing up with them. "Why would they stop sales, thats dumb?" i hear you ask - Exactly the opposite. They are the smart builders. They know how many jobs are in the system, they know the lack of trades and the building time so they limit their intake to what they can handle comfortably. Easiest way to do this - put the price up

You might think a smaller builder will have a better turn around time. Wrong. The big companies out there usually have more of a "say" with their suppliers. A brick company isnt going to give a small builder priority when they might spend little on a few houses a month whereas a big builder is spending huge dollers in the same time frame with lots more houses. So generally your smaller builder with a smaller budget will have a harder time finding materials, getting the site loaded on time (material delivery times) and getting trades out on site.

For those first time home buyers out there. Push yourself, but not too hard. Whats 'comfortable' now (mortgage wise) might not be if intrest rates go up.

HER 32 - if you need any advice or have any questions regarding who i work for pm me :laugh:

ps - sorry for rant :)

Edited by lacitpo