SAU Community

Home Builders In Wa

SR32

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Price rises, this applies to the above. The price rises aint there for the builder to take advantage of the industry atm. The rises are due to the "few" tradies out there getting REALLY greedy and charging insane rates. If the builder says "we wont pay that" the tradie goes to somewhere that will.

LOL - boohoo.. poor builders. Sure they ain't making a heap of $ as well.

Free market means when demand goes up, prices go up and people can make more $ for it. It isn't fair, but that's what a free market is.

LOL - boohoo.. poor builders. Sure they ain't making a heap of $ as well.

Free market means when demand goes up, prices go up and people can make more $ for it. It isn't fair, but that's what a free market is.

ok mate you seem to know it all ill leave you to it. Excuse me while i play internet mechanic

ok mate you seem to know it all ill leave you to it. Excuse me while i play internet mechanic

Dude, relax - you're the one seeming to know it all about builders around Perth as you work for one.

I have not knocked any except for one builder - whom I had direct personal experience with the owner/manager of the place.

My comment was refering to people (in this case builders) being upset about having so much work on. No one in their right mind should ever complain about this and more turnover = more $, if the business is smart. From your comments above, your builder has been deliberately slowing down his intake, therefore rising prices and prolonging his work to a manageable level. Excellent business sense - but don't try to tell people the company isn't making more $ as a result.

of course their going to be making more money but what im trying to say is its not as much as people think. If someone says house "x" was 100k lastyear, and now its 150k, the builder is making 50k easy - not so.

You can complain about having too much work, the same as not having enough. It stretches friendships, stresses out workers and is generally not a healthy work environment. My construction manager mate works from 7 till often 10 at night with no set break. Hard work :D

The post above shows why your paying heaps for a new home. Greedy tradies charging the earth for their services because there are limited trades

BUT, we can sit here and bitch about tradies being greedy, but if you were in their position im sure you (and i) would do teh same. catch 22

My dad owns a ex-display Novus home in Iluka, I wouldn't buy one of their house, there are cracks in the walls (in the plaster I guess) everywhere, numerous door handles have fallen off, pantry door scrapes on the tiles, any sorta vibration outside will make all the windows shake (more than normal), moisture soaks through a bathroom wall (the one the shower is on), I think that is all....pretty shoddy IMO

haha that 'Kingsway' shits me, why is it not a road/street/avenue!?!

Should have been fixed by them....get your dad to call them....

Out of interest....I didnt think they ever had a display home in Iluka...correct me if I am wrong....which street and how long ago was it a display home?

Should have been fixed by them....get your dad to call them....

Out of interest....I didnt think they ever had a display home in Iluka...correct me if I am wrong....which street and how long ago was it a display home?

'99 or 2000, on Miami Beach Prom, so a while ago now, it's a little loonger than 3 months or whatver the time you should find defects in :)

'99 or 2000, on Miami Beach Prom, so a while ago now, it's a little loonger than 3 months or whatver the time you should find defects in :D

most builders waranties are in the years not months well i know most of the ones we work for offer about five years on major faults

um dispaly homes might be different tho they are literally thrown up to look good for 6 months or so not to be lived in forever

it still has to be of the same standard as any other house due to regulations and crap and also the fact that they sell these houses and they arent cheap either!!!

• 9 months later...

What are people's views on the housing situation now, almost a year on?

and opinion on this: http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21...263-948,00.html

as I understand it, the government buys 30% worth then you pay that part off once you've paid the rest off to the bank...

actually I just did the sums, we're over the limit for income (assuming they mean gross income) and I'm a 3rd yr apprentice ffs! (did more sums, if I was still a 2nd yr we'd still be over) you would have to be doing something really wrong (or studying) in the current economic climate to be earning less than $50,000 combined.

and Banksia Grove is actually an area I'm looking at, reasonably priced places in not a bad location and aren't very old..