SAU Community

Black, Fast, Sexa > Not My Girlfriend

been searching for a car for.... way to long now.....

think i've found me a deal.... *evil maniacly obsessed bitch cackle*

cars a series 2 33-25t, black with awsome white on black 33R wing, no rust > NOT EVEN surface rust under the doors or in the boot seals

no scratches

nuda

otherwise all stock cept new cat and associated exhuast with great options including abs, no struts tho > spuen wnated the rear in it but eh

the problems i noticed besides the ugly azzzz rims, meh no real problem

the suspension was clunky and ruff as guts, it was lowered, the owner had no real clue about cars or he was succesfully playing dumb, he's owned for 3 months so no real issue so far (he imports as a side biZ) so yea im worried on hte playing dumb bit.

so when asking is this aftermarket suspension he said... dunno, so how can i tell if its just shited stock or otherwise?

every skyline i've ever seen has had coil overs :P

i couldnt see any leaks but it was raining and he'd been out with it so... yea im going to look it over and take a spin monday, if its what im thinking an no red flags on revs + you guyz dont freak me... i think im buiying

so other than that it was spooled by 1.5k on full by 3k,

was a hot bitch before we got there, like they'd taken it for a run before id come out or another test flight?

the biggest eye poper >_<

she never went over 1/4 oil pressure, sat there contanst the entire time on 1/4

every line ive been in sits on half

so 1/4 happens when hot an its flowing like crazy or ??

possible reason for low pressure ? leaks? f**k all oil ?

associated problems i may not forsee other than the obvious parts you suggest as broken?

basically for the price im thinking shes a "bargain" unless im n for serious $$$ like its 1 grand better than other cars i've been offered which are stock and cat backs with rims essentially the same but wrong colour

found like 3 cars... but this one i like the most other than shit suspension and this question mark over hte oil pressure

get off the drugs bro.

lol, does sound abit like it.....

seriously though, is it in melb? where abouts? i'd been lookin for a black s2 for awhile, and i know there aint that many nice black ones on the market in melb....

okok, :P

was trying to write up a post with the misses giving me the shits pushing me every 5 mins to get up so we could get going, she's an impatient bitch >_<

this her login btw heh, mines gts-4 dreamer

anyways point being

i just wanted to know a bit about oil pressure norms for your lines...

the rest was why... guess waste a time eh,

and naa this aint melb an i aint posting for competition :P

I've been looking for damed near a year now.... to godam long, finaly a decent price for a decent line... :P

so if its reading 1/4 on the gauge.... this is a sign that ? (posibilities give me a direction, something to look for)

low oil?

leaks?

happens when hot?

... seems logical that the pressure would go UP when its hot unless the fact that it flows better when its hotter unless that would reduce pressure? ... seems ilogical... am i way off or what?

same ol... looking for advice

cheers guyz

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...hl=oil+pressure

Just get the car checked out by NRMA (or other equivalent where you are) or take it to your mechanic.

"was a hot bitch before we got there, like they'd taken it for a run before id come out or another test flight?"

I would be concerned that they might have warmed it up before you got there, however it could of course be totally innocent reason for why the car has been run recently.

Typically though I think oil pressure is higher when engine is cold (thicker?). At idle it will be quite low I think around 1/4 maybe and pressure increases with revs. If it just sits around 1/4 all the time sounds like something is wrong, but doesn't neccessarily mean problem with the engine could just problem with oil pressure sender. Again, you can put your mind at ease by getting the car checked out before you buy it!

Good luck, hope you get a nice one after being so patient looking for one.

same with mine and all my gts-t's ive owned

sits on 1/4 and slowly goes up as you boot it.

On cold, it should be the next one up from 1/2

Try the car cold. It could be an absolute dog and a lot of problems may show

I would check it out when its cold, i have some stories about this and none of them good.

Paying someone to look it over for you is your best bet though and you can get mechanical insurance from them, as they cant spot everything.

okok, :D

was trying to write up a post with the misses giving me the shits pushing me every 5 mins to get up so we could get going, she's an impatient bitch :P

this her login btw heh, mines gts-4 dreamer

anyways point being

i just wanted to know a bit about oil pressure norms for your lines...

the rest was why... guess waste a time eh,

and naa this aint melb an i aint posting for competition :D

I've been looking for damed near a year now.... to godam long, finaly a decent price for a decent line... :D

so if its reading 1/4 on the gauge.... this is a sign that ? (posibilities give me a direction, something to look for)

low oil?

leaks?

happens when hot?

... seems logical that the pressure would go UP when its hot unless the fact that it flows better when its hotter unless that would reduce pressure? ... seems ilogical... am i way off or what?

same ol... looking for advice

cheers guyz

lol, i'm not competition, i already got mine...

i want get the nrma to check her out but I'm not sure how to work it out with the guy, like hey dude, lend me the car a few hours while i take it to get checked out?

guess il say hey, come with to get it checked out?

doubt he will, unless i give deposit, eh, guess il have to lay down some $$$ to check it out + the nrma price

il have a look when she's cold monday

il drop a line after

if i buy il drop a line on the 2 other cars, so someone can take advantage of my other hard work on finding good prices

IN SYDNEY :P

dude with the NRMA inspection the nrma guy will go out onsite and take the car for a spin and check it out etc. So he doesn't need to lend it to you. Best 200 bux u will spend mate, i'd get it done could save u a shitload, if not at least give u piece of mind

nah, nrma are expensive, and will probably want you to take the car to them for a comprehensive check or whatever they call it up there. just tell the guy you want it inspected, book a time and he'll take the car to them, you go and pick up the report, or they'll send it out to you in some way, shape or form. It's abit of a pain but i found that most people, if they want to sell the car and the car is good, dont really mind.

Would it be cheaper to just get a mechanic to look at it? Like maybe bring the car to the closest mechanic, or does it have to be a performance mechanic? Anyone know of a good one in the CBD (Sydney CBD :D)? I'm looking at CBD coz the BF starts early and finishes late so by the time he gets out all the tradies would have gone home, so looking at something that can be done during a lunch break. Basically just mainly need the oil pressure problem checked coz its the most worrying part other than that the rest of the car seems ok. How long does a mechanic inspection take?

BTW :( for all the replies so far :D

:(:(

That oil pressure sounds dodgy. You are looking at another 1-1.5k to get the suspension up to spec, if you buy it second hand. the fact that this guy sells the things and is acting dumb is another thing that sounds dodgy. No rust? Fresh paint job.

Stock suspension doesn't have any thread on the body, nor any adjustments on the top of the shock.

good luck with it dude, I know how it is when you have your heart set on something. Personally, If i'd waited a year for a car, I'd be prepared to wait another 6-8 weeks so I could freshly import something through one of the proper private importers. People importing as a "side business" always sound dodgy as to me.

Well we've decided to go with an inspection, from another place that's cheaper than NRMA. Full vehicle inspection so body,interior and mechanical and only gonna cost us $189 rather than $400 that NRMA quoted us plus they drive out to the car. Hopefully doesnt come back with anything huge, we not expecting perfect condition considering it is a used car, just good enough where it wont cost us an arm, leg and a kidney to repair. Atleast we have another seller with another car that round about the same price to fall back on, just

incase :(

*crosses finger* for tomorrow's inspection!

:(:(