SAU Community

Battery Terminals.

Hey,

Im looking to get some new battery terminals, as the current ones are worn.

I just bought a new Bosch heavy duty battery, and most of the bosch batteries have the same size terminals.

I went to supercheap and all the terminals are very small and u need to really hammer them to fit them (we tried it at the store). I saw some at jbhifi/repco today (gold connectors) but they were like $22 a piece! (22 for negative, 12 for positive).

Before i get sucked into buying these, I wanted to hear if someone knows where to get decent size terminals, without paying a ridiculous amount.

Hey,

I just bought a new Bosch heavy duty battery, and most of the bosch batteries have the same size terminals.

I went to supercheap and all the terminals are very small and u need to really hammer them to fit them (we tried it at the store). I saw some at jbhifi/repco today (gold connectors) but they were like $22 a piece! (22 for negative, 12 for positive).

Before i get sucked into buying these, I wanted to hear if someone knows where to get decent size terminals, without paying a ridiculous amount.

I bought some fairkly ordinaly ones (not gold) at REPCO a while back, cannot remember how much they cost. But if they were terribly expensive, I probably would have remembered.

Hey,

i had gold ones on a car i had ages ago they dont make much if any difference unless maybe your runnin a competitive sound system, in which case you wouldn't be buying shit from jb... if i remember right they're just gold plated and they corrodes anyway. they look good for alittle while, but i think they only really work on gel cell batteries

i had gold ones on a car i had ages ago they dont make much if any difference unless maybe your runnin a competitive sound system, in which case you wouldn't be buying shit from jb... if i remember right they're just gold plated and they corrodes anyway. they look good for alittle while, but i think they only really work on gel cell batteries

wtf??

and they dont make much of a differacne in car audio system either, there more for looks, plus some give you the option to bolt on thick cable (used by amps etc) to give is a neater look.

the performance differance is none (unless your old terminals were rubbish to begin with)

steve :D

Supercheap.............ask someone who knows what they are talking about......

hahahahhaha, when they said they were super cheap, i didnt think they were cheap enuff to hire 13year old to run the store. No one there knows anything........

steve

What ever you do DO NOT hammer on your battery terminals, you run the risk of destroying the battery post seal, leading to corrosion. Please go to your local Auto Electrician and they will solder on a new pair,the correct size) for you.

Cheers,

Topper (26 years working as auto elec)