SAU Community

Hybrid Fmic On R32 Gtst

hey people,

i am looking to buy and fit a hybrid kit to my car (1992 r32 gtst rb20det). the cooler i am looking to get the "Skyline HYBRID Intercooler Kit - GT Spec" same as the one on the powerdigger website. the kit comes with everything from the cooler itself right down to clamps and tools. it is says it is a bolt on kit, i just wanted to know whether there was anything i need to cut or any problems i should look out for when fitting this cooler.

if anyone has this kit on there car could you post up some pics of it behind the stock bar. my car has factory foglights will i be able to keep them after the cooler is on?

lastly, how do you rate it from a performance perspective? is it worth the money?

hey mate i asked the exact same question as you. i found out that you definatly will have to cut your front bar and also cut a small hole in your battery tray so the pipes can go up and over the fan. other than that they a good cooler, by the way how much did you get queted for one cause there is a fella on here by the name of gr33ddy selling the whole kits for a good price (check out the for sale section, under buisness traders) and if you want more info on how to install the cooler pm a guy called flagger on this forum he just did and his were i got my info from. Hope that helps

cheers mate

Luke

hey mate i asked the exact same question as you. i found out that you definatly will have to cut your front bar and also cut a small hole in your battery tray so the pipes can go up and over the fan. other than that they a good cooler, by the way how much did you get queted for one cause there is a fella on here by the name of gr33ddy selling the whole kits for a good price (check out the for sale section, under buisness traders) and if you want more info on how to install the cooler pm a guy called flagger on this forum he just did and his were i got my info from. Hope that helps

cheers mate

Luke

could you post a link to which part of the classifieds man, im a n00b. which front bar do you have? i have the bigger front bar not the small one. did you have to hack it to pieces or just shave the back of it?got pic?

Hey mate sure thing heres the link

HYBRID Coolers

i havent done it yet mate, im in the same boat as you. I have a GTR front so i dont know if i have to chop it up, but i do know that the stock front bar will have to be shaved at the back. PM flagger for more info he just did the install.

i think i might just get the ones off the powerdigger site. im fine with shaving the bar a bit, i know something has to be cut somewhere but i prefer not to hack up the entire bar. just a clean install. do you think i can fit a 600mm core behind there?

wat the hell did that guy use on his front bar f**king garden sheers :S thats horrid

bahahahah rofl

can anyone comment on the build qaulity of these kits?was there anythign else you needed to buy to make complete the kit or to make the kit fit?

this is the bar i have. if i fit this intercooler kit can i keep the foggies or will the cooler pipes be in the way? did anyone with this bar have to cut much?

btw, heres the car in question

post-23025-1146399650.jpg

Edited by Black.32