SAU Community

Single Cup gauge holder

Arsn

I'm looking at installing a boost guage and wanting to install it on the A pillar.

What i need to do is find a single guage holder. Does anyone know of a place to get one from.

I leave in the south east.

Thanks.

I went there a few weeks ago when i bought my steering wheel and they said that they didn't stock them.

Might have to try again and ask someone else. Now all i have to do is find a good boost guage.

Guest INASNT

the only a pillar gauge holders autobarn sell are the autometer ones, which wont fit with a jap brand gauge and vise versa.

what type of gauge have u got? if u got an jap brand eg apexi gauge u can pick one up from evo-r in clayton, hey have em in stock and are the trust/greddy brand.

Doncaster Autobarn had some last week. They had single holders for $70 and double for $199 I think. They're a bit expensive but are designed for the R33 A pillar... well so I was told.

Guest INASNT

niggaP if its an autometer 1 they r in inches, the jap gauges are in mm, they dont match up properly. if u get an autometer holder u have to get an autometer or splitfire or other inch size gauges.

All good. Might even try the autobarn up at the Glen (even though it is very small) and see if they have then. Otherwise I'll go for a bit of a drive. As long as the person that i talk to knows what they are on about

Next question, maybe should start a new thread but I'll try it here.

I want a boost guage that lights up blue like the eluminescent dashs. I'm going to do my dash like that, so i may as well do it to my guages as well.

Any ideas would be great.

Most gauges come with 'condoms' for the globes, so that you can change them to whatever colour you want.

If there are no blue condoms in the packet, go to Jaycar and buy some. :P

Guest INASNT
Originally posted by R31 Skyline Chick

Most gauges come with 'condoms' for the globes, so that you can change them to whatever colour you want.

If there are no blue condoms in the packet, go to Jaycar and buy some.  :P

condoms over the globes dont even come close to the el gauge look.

Arsn

i got the el dash and el apexi gauge on the a-pillar.

if u go to autobarn and buy an autometer a-pillar gauge holder and then get a apexi el gauge u r gonna get screw yourself coz the gauge wont fit the gauge holder properly!

Guest INASNT
Originally posted by Arsn

Thanks heaps for that.

If all goes to plan, I'll head down there on Friday and then should be able to put them in on the weekend.

Do you have a rough idea of the cost of them both?

i got mine over 1 year ago cant remeber exactly.

i got both the el mechanical 60mm gauge and gauge holder for about 300. If u want the electric 1 with the peak hold etc its about 450 by itself!

Evor aint cheap or are the jap stuff, but they work really well!!

That's a bit of a kick in the guts, but would be worth it.

Might spend some time making a few calls and seeing what people can do for me.

I really want the el gauge though and i do expect to pay for the look of it.

Guest INASNT

well the apexi el series looks the craziest, not sure about other jap brand that have the el, i know the autometer ones dont have the el series, well not available in australia anyway

Yeah, I just had a look at the apexi site, and they do look pretty impressive.

I figure that if i want the good looking stuff, I'm going to have to pay for it. And the apexi stuff is meant to be pretty good, so i can't see myself backing out of it just because of cost.

I was just thinking that maybe a few different places such as Evo R and Makspeed might have different prices for them and i might be able to save a bit of money.

Thanks for your help.