SAU Community

Insurance Companies

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was on of there prefured, I just choose them out of a list went round and spoke to them, after all this I almost ended up in a blue with the repairer because shannons hadnt paid him for his shit work, (not my problem) 2 weeks with another spray painter and all is done and done well. Plus i Had to get Trojan to fit the front bar and re do the intercooler, (and get someone else to put the f**king A/C back together) I also never got the same cooler put back on, thank f**k they used my end tanks Trojan had the whole kit resprayed for me, at my cost so that it all matched the front of the car. The hole time they never helped me out I had to do the lot, so I changed insurance company

I spoke with a guy at Shannons when I first got my car. He told me that because I was under 25 and driving a turbo Skyline that he definatly would not insure me. He did say however that if I was a little older (23 was the example he gave) and taking out full comprehensive insurance, they may be able to make an exception.

I used to be with Elders insurance in Mawson ACT for the past 2 years before i sold my car. They gave me a good quote and didn't mind that the car had some modifications.

Try giving them a call.

I just got a quote from Matt aka _8OO5TED_ @ Shannons very helpful but unfortunatly a little more than i am paying now. I suggest people who are looking for insurance give him a call if others at shannons don't seem as helpful as he was :D thanks again for the quote Matt.

Leigh

Mine's through Elder's too.

SilverSlyder- out of curiosity, what mods did your car have and did you declare them all to them? I ask because im looking to do a few little things to my car.

I sent them a letter detailing what i want to do to it to see if they approve and how it will affect my premium, but i'm still waiting on a responce.

Edited by p1r4t8r

I just got a quote from Matt aka _8OO5TED_ @ Shannons very helpful but unfortunatly a little more than i am paying now. I suggest people who are looking for insurance give him a call if others at shannons don't seem as helpful as he was :P thanks again for the quote Matt.

Leigh

Really?

I found Matt being the cheapest and also more agreed value.

First quote i got when i first bought the car was over 6K then later was bit over 3K so never thought about full insurance.

New quote is cheap and orgasmic..

I recomend Matt for thoes after insurance aswell, Great help.

as i said it was only a little more about $150 more than i am paying at the moment but with Vigil i also get free 24x7 roadside assitance which could be handy if my car decided to play up thats normally worth about $150 or something so it does work out cheaper :P by a bit. They are very similar style companies it seems so i am happy

I've just finished talking with Matt(_8OO5TED_),and I'm positively stoked with the service and pricing:my little beastie is now insured with Shannons! I was already on a good deal through a friend that owns an Insurance Brokers here in Canberra,but the Shannons deal,as Matt helped me with,was considerably better again! I can't recommend him highly enough. Whilst I'm sure everyone has their own circumstances(and prior convictions,LOL),and may require slightly different things from an insurer,those that haven't already talked to Shannons(and make sure you talk to Matt);you need to!

Spoke to Matt on friday so my baby's now insured with Shannons. I found Matt to be very helpfull and the cheapest out of all the insurance companies I spoke to. I highly recommend him.

Thanks Matt. Ps: I hope you're rolling in the commision and if not than you should be showing all these good comments to your boss and asking for a payrise. :D

Cheers

J

Mine's through Elder's too.

SilverSlyder- out of curiosity, what mods did your car have and did you declare them all to them? I ask because im looking to do a few little things to my car.

I sent them a letter detailing what i want to do to it to see if they approve and how it will affect my premium, but i'm still waiting on a responce.

I mentioned i had the following :FMIC, Bilstein Suspension, Wheels, exhuast, stereo & Uni chip. I was honest with them about all the mods and they were cool with that.