SAU Community

Hoon Laws In The News

N1GTR

Surley there is some sort of invasion of prviacy when police are hiding cameras in unmarked cars in random places to use as evidence... But yet again, maybe not.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

altering oil systems

what a complete JOKE! what would cops know about oil systems in the first place! thats just ridiculous and made me laugh! i feel sorry for the guy who cops a defect for that one :ermm:

This is just a way to rid the roads of P plate driving imports.

I believe it's a typical knee-jerk reaction by our "great" Premier Iemma to the current spate of "accidents" at school crossings. He needs to be seen as "doing something", and I'm guessing this is how.

The general (read: STUPID) public will see this as being proactive. When in reality the recent accidents haven't involved young drivers, or modified vehicles. Quite the opposite actually...yet another example of misdirected use of resources...

Scapegoating is what it's called.

TWICE Sophie Delizio has been injured by O.A.Pensioner drivers, but it'd be political death to suggest that they should be targeted.

So just go after the 'soft' target of young car enthusiasts instead, and talk briefly about introducing regular testing for drivers older than 65 or whatever.

Imagine if that Sophie girl got hit by an imported car with P plates on it.

It wouldn't be "A P plater accidentally hit Sophie..." and that would be it.

It would be " OMFG A P PLATER HIT YOUNG SOPHIE IN A HIGH-PERFORMANCE IMPORTED CAR OH MY GOD GET THESE CARS OFF THE STREET!!!!

... Or something.

Basically what Im saying is. It wouldn't be just "an elderly person accidentally hit her".

I'm surprised they even mentioned that the driver was elderly.

That's discrimination, unlike a person's personal preference in cars. :)

But, can you imagine if it was an elderly person in an import?

Edited by scathing

• 3 weeks later...

Fill it with F$^#*(#$ TAXIS

I HATE SYDNEY TAXI DRIVERS

I had one stop in the MIDDLE of a roundabout right in front of me last week.

You cant tell me that that is any less dangerous than any "hoon" driving i have ever seen

Try getting defected for having your battery in the boot (skyline). And after telling the cop that your car comes stock like that they say it doesn't matter. Happened to my friend, although he was sticking it to the man.

Although in Perth, I was pulled over recently. My car is fitted with 8.5" wide wheels. He queried how wide they were, and I told him 8.5". He then looked me in the eye and told me that NO AUST. PRODUCTION CAR or JAPANESE IMPORT came out with a wheel wider than 7".........

I queried the width of late model HSV wheels, he said NO, THEY ARE ALL 7"!

Funny that, as I took the car over the pits later on and the 8.5" wheels were fine and no permit was required :)

Perhaps better training is required before they try to enforce these rules so they can do their job properly.....

Edited by _8OO5TED_

Did they give you a date for that?

Maybe in the early 90's its true. But even by the late 90's you should have seen some 7.5" wide rims.

According to Drive, a 1996 HSV Clubsport (VS) came with 8" wide rims.

nah no dates, just said full stop nothing bigger than 7"

R32 GTR had a 8" wide wheel anyway...

I pose the question " Is the confiscation of a vehicle a proportional penalty". From memory serial offenders in W.A. may "forfeit" their vehilces (correct me if i'm wrong) permanently. Heres a hypothetical

Joe Richguy takes his Ferrari, Porsche GT3 whatever out and during a fit of youth turns the tyres...infront of the Police, the Police officer is keen to dispense justice and decides to impound the vehicle. Unfortunately this is not his first offence so the judge decides that Joe looses his $300K car. Where then is the proportional sentencing? A $300K fine for a traffic offence.

I know this is a fairly speculative hypothetical but there alot of monied up poeple who have nice cars and one day someone will challenge these stupid and pointless laws.

These hoon laws are nothing more than a transparent attempt by state governments to gain votes and satisfy the rage of middle aged Australia, the raged whipped up by the media. The same media conglomerates that own car magazines, screen fazt and furryious 2 and televise V8 super cars. The news media are not in the business of information they are in the business of scaring you.

Edited by Mr. Keets

The news media are not in the business of information they are in the business of scaring you.

They are in the business of making money. If they can profit from fear, they'll do so.

If they can profit from the heartwarming story of courage and adversity, they'll pay $2.6 million to a pair of bogans who climbed out of a hole to go to the pub.