SAU Community

Cruise Accident

Nightcrawler

hey guys,

I just went and visited Drew with MY33, Madaz, 4 Door Sleeper, and palss8ing.

He is doing so good with full movement in his legs and a few scratches on his face.

He is keen us to go GO-Karting when this is all over.

He is hoping to get out by friday. He is giving me a call once he is out and we are all going out.

well thanks everybody

cya later

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good to hear that he is dong well, i hope Jasmine is doing well too. Has anyone heard about the other woman involved yet?

yeah i'm up for a BBQ and or Go Karting just let us know whats going on i'll make sure i'm free

I know Drew is keen, but we definitely should leave it many weeks before doing anything too strenous with him - after all he very nearly lost his life 2 whole days ago. :D

Great to hear he is doing so well! I am planning on heading over to Flinders tomorrow late arvo/early evening, so if anyone wants to catch a lift/mini-cruise from the North-Eastern side of town give me a holler.

ive got the mornin off tomorrow so ill go and see him for mornin tea.... does anyone know wot room he is in?

just pm the detaiols

Edited by 66 skyline gt

I heard the passenger in the festiva -the girl- died today in hospital. I also saw some pictures of both cars. OHH MYYY! I can't belive drew survived!! his car was a wreck!!!

This is not true, just called a family member and she is in a stable condition, she is coherant but Dr's are still watching her closely...

Hey guys,

I've just been to the hospital with MY33, Madaz, 4 Door Sleeper, and datto_sw. Just like to say Drew seems in high spirits and is going to make a fall recover. He thanks us all for all the support everyone has given him of the past couple of day. Its real great to see just how many decent people there are out there.

For anyone wanting to know what room he is in, I'm pritty sure he is in ward 5B on the fith floor, In bed eight. But if you visit make sure you ask at the Info desk first. Look foward to catching up for the BBQ and the go-karting should be real fun and a great day so hopefully everyone can make it, when ever it shall be. All the best to the families involved for the future and i hope everything is back to normal real soon.

R.I.P Tony

Hmm been a few interesting comments about the accident as far as the road & driving is concerned. I think it comes down to a combination of both things really.

I found out some other stuff about that spot today too. While I didn't notice at the time, I had a chat with a fellow work collegue about it today as it turns out he was one of the on duty SES guys that turned up after the crash.

He spoke to Drew while he was still in the car, initially still a bit dazed & confused but he found out that Drew actually pulled his legs back when he saw the festiva coming, so his own quick thinking was probably a major contributor to his own survival. Well done mate.

I also found out that only a couple hundred meters up the road from where the accident happend, there had been another fatal crash not that long ago. Only thing was when this 1 happend some lunatic decided to try & illegally overtake 6 cars in that middle lane & was doing 160+ (so I'm told anyway) & they had a head on with a car coming up the opposite way. Needless to say that was disasterous also.

Just also one other comment, some guys are saying they're glad they didn't come, but I don't necessarily agree that that's the right attitude to have. The cruise had been great & we all had fun, I don't regret coming for a second.

Any one event like an extra person coming or whatever would probably mean that we would not have been there at that exact time anyway due to other goings on. This kind of thing can happen to anyone at any time, that it has happend is tragic, but you can't regret something that you didn't know was going to happen.

If anything all we can do is push harder for things to change as far as driver education & road design is concerned as these are the biggest contributors to this accident.

Edited by Electro

Just also one other comment, some guys are saying they're glad they didn't come, but I don't necessarily agree that that's the right attitude to have. The cruise had been great & we all had fun, I don't regret coming for a second.

Any one event like an extra person coming or whatever would probably mean that we would not have been there at that exact time anyway due to other goings on. This kind of thing can happen to anyone at any time, that it has happend is tragic, but you can't regret something that you didn't know was going to happen.

If anything all we can do is push harder for things to change as far as driver education & road design is concerned as these are the biggest contributors to this accident.

that is a very good point

Guys, this is tragic, condolences to ther driver's family of the festiva, Drew hope you are all well champ. Just goes to show that it doesn't have to be your fault. This is why i insist on midnight cruises due to there not being too many cars on the road and you can see ppl better at night, headlights etc...... daytime cruises are too risky too many cars on the road, also due to this being a colder time of the year there is lots of dew on the road. this is giving us a BETTER name with the piggies even tho' it wasn't drew's fault. SKYLINE and ACCIDENT rings alarms with the cops. AND as far as engineering goes NO car is safer Do we remember EVILR34!!!!!! it peeled open like a coke can. Drew your one lucky fella , go buy a lottery ticket dude......

midnight cruises DONT prevent accidents happening just makes it harder for SES to get u out of your car

how quickly u forget the first cruise you organised this year that had about 8 of us on

**EDIT**

i will be going in again tomorrow after work so lets try and all meet out the frount arround 4pm-415pm or very close to that Andrew can u give me a ring and we can organise if u gunna be there @ 4pmish

Edited by Madaz

hi guys

ive been having a huge think about stuff from the week end and would like to invite SAU|SA to a early morning SLOW cruise to the beach for me and a few others to give a few words and then i would appreaciate if ppls would like to come to church with me after this

Andrew can u ring me about an other idea that we might be able to organise also i will start a porpper thread about morning cruise tonight when i get home

ring me andrew pls 0421 932 750

On a personal level I did mention previously that my family stated to me that they were glad Id had the knee surgery and couldnt go on the cruise. I think thats a natural feeling for my close ones to have. The "what if" feeling................ Altough I reckon they're sick for wishing that theyd prefer me having knee surgery then going on a cruise! :) I know what Id rather be doing :P

Also, IMO it would be abhorently rude for someone who didnt go on the cruise to say that "they wished they were there". In this situation thats the wrong thing to say. So while I would have liked to be cruising in my nice Stagea I certainly would never say that I wish I was there. I can say is that I absolutely Detest the fact that Ive had 9 knee surgeries now.... I had them previously booked-in to be hacked up a couple of days prior to the cruise. Id much rather be having a life and being with fellow RBdet enthusiasts on a cruise then recovering from more butchery. I do regret however that I wasnt there to offer support at the time of need, but I guess we each have a different fate.

Best wishes to all who were there on the day, Brendan

Edited by Tangles

This is not true, just called a family member and she is in a stable condition, she is coherant but Dr's are still watching her closely...

My mistake then, I was informed by one of the CFS guys that was on the site, he also told me that before impact drew pulled his legs up as mentioned above

just got back from the hospital and Drew looked pretty well considering what happened.With only minor injuries to his legs. He will be in over the weekend for some more scans on monday.

Cheers, Andrew for the lift there and back to work.

no worries Nick.

It was very good to see Drew in such high spirits and he really looked 90% fit, which is truly amazing - given the ordeal his body has been through.

He was very chatty and full of smiles, which was fantastic.

His parents and Dana were great too - I think they appreciate our support and well-wishes! Great to see Electro, johnn and his g/f (sorry we weren't introduced) there too!

well guys i have sum good news

i too visited Drew again and took sum reading material and a special DVD for him to watch about life

as Andrew stated by looking @ him u wouldnt know he was in a 200kph impact crash (ty God)

i looked for Jaysmin tonight and i got directed the the ICU ward (thats why u didnt see me Nick) the ppl in the ICU ward wouldnt give me any information @ all just that she had been stransfered and if i wasnt friend or family they wouldnt tell me nothing

so i asked the nurse if her mum was doing a bedside vigal and asked if she could contact her for me cause i had a magazine for her and just wanted to give her the well wishes of you guys and let her know we are praying for her receovery

... deep breath...

this is where is gets sad.. her mum told me that she was recovering from a previous accident (6 weeks ago) and that this monday gone was ment to be her first day back @ school

she is very much poor of spirit and doesnt want to live and doesnt want to go back to school Tony was very much loved by there family and will be very deeply missed as you could imagine

i told her mum i ran to Drew and prayed for him that day and then ran straight to her daughter and prayer for her and Tony one can only guess why Tony isnt with us today...

i expressed to her that Drew had no hard feeling toward her and that all involved knew it just just an accident that she shouldnt feel any guilt i also told here the were 10 pages of people wishing her all the best and praying for her.. on a few occasion i choked right up and cryed (like i just about am now)

...deep breath...

you guys make me proud to be apart of the SAU forum members the comradary that has been shown in this post and this week is truely what God wanted people to be like caring thoughtfull and worried about the preservation of others before themselves..

as i stated earlier i will make a thread about a memorial cruise sunday morning and all of you guys are more than welcome to come and visit my church where i will be speaking that morning about last sundays event... i also dont want you guys feeling that im pressuring you into comming to church this is only if you feel upto comming, dont feel that if you dont want to come that you cant come to the memorial drive that i will organise

Gods peace be with you all

Edited by Madaz