SAU Community

Be Careful Using Tnt Couriers

Hi everyone....I had a bonnet sent down by TNT last week. It was packed in a proper bonnet box with fragile etc and $25 worth of packing around it and when it got to me it was damaged beyond repair.....Well the Panel beaters (who I trust) said they could repair it but it would cost over $1000. I rang TNT and they said basically tough shit. It wasnt insured. So basically a driver could take a package and kick it around in the back of the truck and then when you get not be liable.....sounds like bullshit to me.....Never going to use them again.....

http://forum.r31skylineclub.com/index.php?topic=52229.0

Seriously... it can happen with -any- logistics company. A bonnet is a big and flat item, probably the worst type of item you could post because soon as it gets laid down (deliberately or by accident) someone will put a box on it without thinking and squash it.

I had a bonnet sent to me a few weeks ago that was damaged to all buggery as well, they'd left it sitting on end and had obviously dropped it, bending up one of the corners to 90 degrees.

I wouldn't use them because if they forget to pick your products up it deleats the job from their system. So if its getting picked up from a 3rd party, you dont know it hasnt been picked up. So 3 days later your customer rings up screaming, and you then have to tell them TNT didnt pick it up, and you need to re-book. Their system is stupid.

BTW, packing is a trick. You need bubble wrap, but you need things TIGHT and HARD. That and insurance helps. If its insured be sure it wont be broken, they dont want to fork money out.

coming from someone who works for TNT, bullbar is right

TNT is crap and untrust worthy

i work in the section with the Isuzu truck parts and yes being that i work for TNT we use TNT express to send out our parts to our customers.

TNT express constantly "lose" our parts for example: we sent a transmition interstate a TRANSMITION, it got "lost" how the hell do u lost a truck transmition.

oh and last week one of our customers rang us to say they hadnt received their bumper bar from 2 weeks before hand (mind u the bumper bar was faulty and had to b sent bak anyways).

But yeh thats gone now too. Quite funny i think though, a guy stealing our bumper bar thinking he scored big time when little does he know its faulty lmfao

But yes take my advice and bullbars DONT USE TNT

Car carrying side is good but not anything else.

Have they ever lost a car Jackie? :)

Are they good and trustworthy enough to transport about 10 Skylines to Sydney, as a few of us are going there for a track weekend later this year.

From what i have heard they have never lost a car

i went over and had a look at the cars they had in storage a few weeks ago (fist time i have been over there and ive been at TNT for 3 1/2 yrs)

and they have alot of mustangs, corvettes and a shitload of cars decked out for rallying.

If you need a quote though Al just let me know and ill get one for you.

They are alittle expensive but when it comes to ur car you only want the best right.

From what i have heard they have never lost a car

i went over and had a look at the cars they had in storage a few weeks ago (fist time i have been over there and ive been at TNT for 3 1/2 yrs)

and they have alot of mustangs, corvettes and a shitload of cars decked out for rallying.

If you need a quote though Al just let me know and ill get one for you.

They are alittle expensive but when it comes to ur car you only want the best right.

That would be great Jackie.

Can you get a quote to transport a truck load of cars (maybe 2 trucks) from Melbourne to Wakefield, NSW and one from Melbourne to Sydney?

How many cars in a truck?

Are the cars enclosed?

That would be great Jackie.

Can you get a quote to transport a truck load of cars (maybe 2 trucks) from Melbourne to Wakefield, NSW and one from Melbourne to Sydney?

How many cars in a truck?

Are the cars enclosed?

i think u can get an enclosed one and one with the tarps on the side.

ill find out for u tomorrow how many cars fit and how much

ill PM you all of the details u will need to know tomorrow

How many cars were u needing to transport in total??

yup thats it..

Sent shocks before to melb and no dramas at all..

About to send a rear bar soon.. hope that goes well!!

ps. anyone got buble wrap lol?? n lots of it??

yup thats it..

Sent shocks before to melb and no dramas at all..

About to send a rear bar soon.. hope that goes well!!

ps. anyone got buble wrap lol?? n lots of it??

id be carefull of toll couriers too i had a d**khead mate who i no longer associate with take me on one of his runs and the asshole kicks and throws the packages in his truck with no regard for respect i found it disscusting treating other peoples goods that way i dont think you could trust any courier