SAU Community

Hybrid Intercooler Under S1 Standard Bumber

jerry

People(s),

I wanted to buy a 600X300X75 fMIC (type Hybrid) for my R33 Series 1. I don't want to change the front bar or put on a kit so want to put it under my standard series 1 bumper. Will it fit, and if not what size will fit. I don't particularly want to start cutting out the front intrusion bar.

I also understand that the front intrusion bar will sit infront of the intercooler : : , i have seen that some have no intrusion bar in front coz it's cut or is it coz they sit it infront with a bigger front bar.

Please help before i buy something i will regret.

Thanks.

:P

I fitted one of the hybrid copy kits onto a series 1 r33 not long ago.

The cooler will fit but you have to cut away some of the bumper support, other wise you have to get an aftermarket front bar. The bumper itself has to have a fair amount cut from it aswell as the fog lights , they will have to be trimmed .

This all depends on where you mount the cooler but with the piping kits you are restricted on where you can mount it.

Hope this helps... cheers

Moreover on this topic... is it necessary to cut the metal reinforcment bar to fit a 600 x 300 x 76 FMIC as shown in the Hybrid installation guide??

post-23753-1148306264.jpg

Cheers