SAU Community

Climate Control Not Functioning Correctly

oxford1327

heya guys i have been tryin to work out where the mixer door control is on my S2 as the heater is either in full hot or full cold mode, the mixer door is moving but it is not blending the air it is just full travel either way.

would there have been any reason for this to be done for compliance? or maybe just a fuse or somethin. hoping it is something simple and as i am still waiting for my manual to arrive from funky it is not likely that i wanna go pullin the dash out anytime soon.

any assistance from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

oxford.

heya guys i have been tryin to work out where the mixer door control is on my S2 as the heater is either in full hot or full cold mode, the mixer door is moving but it is not blending the air it is just full travel either way.

would there have been any reason for this to be done for compliance? or maybe just a fuse or somethin. hoping it is something simple and as i am still waiting for my manual to arrive from funky it is not likely that i wanna go pullin the dash out anytime soon.

any assistance from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

oxford.

Dont know if its pertinent.

Below the radiator on engine side there is a electrical thingo. It is to do with the ambient temp.

I think Sydneykid knows more about this. Give him a PM.

Edited by 66yostagea

already sussed that the sensor is working on the outside temp easiest way to test that is to depress the temp knob and it will show the outside temp, then if you unplug it it will automatically show 32degrees.

have tested that and seems to be all good

already sussed that the sensor is working on the outside temp easiest way to test that is to depress the temp knob and it will show the outside temp, then if you unplug it it will automatically show 32degrees.

have tested that and seems to be all good

Didn't know you could depress the temp knob. The day has not been wasted. Cheers

hmm i thought mine may be doing this, and now someone else has the drama im sure it actually is, and its annoying. cos people go "wow, digital climate control!" but "yeah no not really it just looks like it. do you want hot or cold?"

My R33 had a similar problem, but i never found it out. could be a faulty sensor inside the car to detect the temp, and as such reverts to default 18 is cold, 32 is hot? i thought this might be the case as my temp sensor for inside the car was broken whens someone ripped the dash apart to steal my stereo.

i am hopefully getting one of the guys i work with to have a look at the climate control in a week or so (he used to work as an aircon mechanic/fitter) when we both have days off and he can get in to the dash and have a look. he has told me that silvias have a similar problem sometimes and its usually after a turbo timer has been fited and the installer has robbed a wire from somewhere in there, and it shuts the climate control down.

will keep you all posted as soon as i find any thing out about it cos it is annoying little things like this that would be nice to just be put right

cheers oxford

• 1 month later...

heya all

finally worked out what the problem was with the climate control in the stag.

it was a pin pushed back into the plug that goes directly onto the rear of the head unit itself.

took 4hrs of dickin around to trace it back but we finally found it!!!!!!!! yay so now i don hafta go thru the cycle of adjusting the temp all the time by using the old fashioned regulator(window)

• 2 weeks later...

*** huge sigh of relief ***

Finally fixed mine too, I checked the plugs but it wasn't that so since I had already started I continued to take the dash apart. All that was wrong was the sensor in the dash to the left of the steering wheel wasn't plugged in, duh. I then replaced all the globes so they all work now too. Having climate control again and being able to read it at night too is so good.

*** huge sigh of relief ***

Finally fixed mine too, I checked the plugs but it wasn't that so since I had already started I continued to take the dash apart. All that was wrong was the sensor in the dash to the left of the steering wheel wasn't plugged in, duh. I then replaced all the globes so they all work now too. Having climate control again and being able to read it at night too is so good.

is the globe the backlight in the climate control you talking about? cos one of mine is dead i need to replace it. good to hear your stuff works now

yeah i have a dud globe in there too on the very left hand side that lights the on recirc and fresh air buttons. just haven had a look at it yet. would be interested to know how much for one of the globes and how hard they are to get to though?

yeah i have a dud globe in there too on the very left hand side that lights the on recirc and fresh air buttons. just haven had a look at it yet. would be interested to know how much for one of the globes and how hard they are to get to though?

mine ist the right one. Dont know how hard to get to thugh. cos i have seen in yahoo auction some guy is selling blue globes for it. it will be interesting.

I took the climate control out by following alex cim's instructions, the bulbs are attached to the plastic screws with the philips head tops near the front of the climate control unit. I bought the bulbs from Dick Smith:

The top globes (light up the lcd) are cat. P 8140 12v 50mA 5mm 'grain of wheat' bulbs

The bottom globes (light up the buttons and temp control dial) are the same but shorter in overall length, DS didn't have them so I bought P 8130 12v 3mm pilot lights attached to wires, I had to strip the wires to use them, took forever and was quite tedious, but worked. These bulbs are smaller in diameter than the originals.

All of the globes have little blue covers over them which can be very carefully removed and put on the new bulbs, even on the smaller bulbs I used I could still slip them over.

The bulbs you buy are bare bulbs with wires attached to them, these wires wrap aroung the plastic screw type things which screw into the climate control unit. When you start taking it apart you work it out. I went from no lights at all to all of them working, it's like a christmas tree inside my car now.

Didn't know you could depress the temp knob. The day has not been wasted.

It's good to see everyone on this thread has fixed their problems and have cheered themselves up.

But it seems the temp knob is still feeling a bit depressed. ;)

Com'on guys - make your knobs' day. Pucker up little fella :)