SAU Community

Fuel Injector Insulators Needed! - Found!

PHATR32

f**k me.

i called nissan up again to double check the price, just incase i misheard.

Prices are:

Bottom insulator: $14.90 EACH!!

Top insulator: $6.00 EACH!!

O Rings: $14.90 EACH!!

That come to a grand total of $214.80 for less than 100grams of rubber.

steve

i got my injectors cleaned, flow tested, leak tested, spray pattern test, new pintle tips, new o rings, new insulators the works

23-24$ an injector, he comes to your house, Southside injection, takes about 1hr, maybe give him a ring? he just asked me if they were high or low impediance , top or side feed and then he came around :), excellent service

Hey dude..

I have the top 'insulators' and o-rings laying around here from a set of GTR injectors i bought and then put into my RB30. The VL/VLT/R31 top o-rings dont exist as such since they are a hose tail type. The bottom ones (not the pintle caps tho) are the same as far as i could tell nad the GTR injectors went straight in.

If you want them you can have em, they are no use to me. Dunno how old they are but are meant to be off an R33 GTR. Drop me a PM.

Brent.

theyve been found! for $1 each!!

i went to an injector place and the dude could match them for me (1mm too small) so i was driving past Odin part in balcatta and thought (why not) so went in there they had some!!

Although they were about 1mm bigger, it didnt matter. they fitted in perfectly, nice and tight!

cost me 95cents each.

bad news is i found an injector thats leaking from the body, so i need a new one.

steve

I went through pretty much the same thing Steve. After stuffing around with rails, insulators, o-rings etc closer inspection turned out to be the injector itself leaking (well two of them really). A set of 700cc sard injectors and no more dramas.

Ryan.

' date='8 Jun 2006, 12:08 AM' post='2237932']

when i went to nissan i got o-rings.. 2size one big, one smaller

thats all i needed for my nismo injectors

So the injectors didnt come with O-rings?...I am getting Nismo jectors soon

Damn, means I have to fork out more unexpected money :no:

And yeah if that question was asked of me it was quite obvious to see that the front injector was leaking even at idle and fuel was running down the side of the block and dripping off the sump. Not a particularly fuel efficient or safe vehicle in that state :)

not only that, my injectors tap like freaking crazy!

i dont have a zorst, so my car is pretty quiet. all you can hear is the injectors clacking away, and the timing wining its ass off.

upgrades injectors are on the list, but not at the top unfortunetly.

steve

My sard 700cc jobbies aren't noticeably lounder than my stock ones. I have to say the bosch 044 fuel pump i have is also just as quiet as the stock one (just takes a little longer to prime on start up it seems).