SAU Community

Painting Rims? Who Can Do It In Sydney?

Andi

Hey all

After much effort trying to sell my rims I've decided I will keep them as they're damn nice rims. The only thing is - they are gold and don't suit my silver/grey car so I'm looking to get them painted silver.

My rims contain a sort of anodized look and the lip actually looks like polished alloy, would it be possible get lip polished but spokes painted? Heres a picture of my rims to show you what I mean: see how the rim looks shiny gold where as the spokes look like a grainy/matt finish?

DSCF0122.JPG

So does anybody have any experience with painting rims? If so where did you get it done and whats the usual cost to do this? Recommendations on where to go to get this kind of thing done would be greatly appreciated! :dry:

Thanks,

Andy

Magman in Punchbowl seems to be most people's pick.

I don't know if his prices are reasonable (I think its $85 a wheel, but I'm not sure if they strip the paint off to go to bare metal before laying the new paint on at that price) but everyone seems more than happy with the results of his work.

Magman in Punchbowl seems to be most people's pick.

I don't know if his prices are reasonable (I think its $85 a wheel, but I'm not sure if they strip the paint off to go to bare metal before laying the new paint on at that price) but everyone seems more than happy with the results of his work.

i have my wheels there now. they are costing me 100 a wheel but he has to fix some gutter rash and paint the centre caps aswell. he will be stripping all the paint off the wheels for me before he paints them.

theres a place in blacktown as well right near pick and payless.

Some cheesy name like the rim fixer or something like that.

I was going to pay 135 i think to get a big chunk put back in a rim have the rim re-rolled as it was buckled and resprayed . . . . . . . . and then i got poor