SAU Community

Jamboree 22sept 2006

1JZ.747

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard there may be a GTR class seperate from the srwd class

AWD are seperated from RWD, i had this confirmed from ray box in a one on one conversation.

the ANDRA championship will still be RWD/AWD. only rays champioship is seperating.

• 4 weeks later...

I cant believe ANDRA have watered down SC so much in such a short time-2 rounds at the same track...yeah nice 'national' champoinship this has turned out to be. :laugh:

Edited by gtr660hp

I cant believe ANDRA have watered down SC so much in such a short time-2 rounds at the same track...yeah nice 'national' champoinship this has turned out to be. :laugh:

*cough* apportion blame elsewhere *cough*

i would say that track owners & and lack of promoters would have a reasonable amount to do with it.

having said that, i dont feel that ray box has to align himself with andra, if he wants to make money from this and do it his way, well he is australian and he is entitled to do that. i dont think people should get sandy vaginas over him choosing to run another champioship his way.

i think also the lack of racers supporting events has a fair bit to do with it. also the only a hand full of people in SC have sponsoship makes ithard for people to travel, most people running in the V8 side of andrs in super street and higher ranking classes, a high percentage have sponsorship.

and then theres spectators, we get stuff all spectators to our events which also has a fair bit to do with it.

i would say that track owners & and lack of promoters would have a reasonable amount to do with it.

I agree 100% - Willowbank being in SCP's pocket doesn't help though. They're too scared or too tied up in deals with Ray's crew to run a Sport Compact event in their calendar. FWIW, I enquired some months ago and was told by the track manager that WB Raceway had absolutely no intention of running Sport Compact oriented events in their calendar.

having said that, i dont feel that ray box has to align himself with andra, if he wants to make money from this and do it his way, well he is australian and he is entitled to do that. i dont think people should get sandy vaginas over him choosing to run another champioship his way.

The problem is that the argument was that there was no money to be made out of ANDRA Sport Compact events. Let's give it one go, (Jambo), have a HUGE SUCCESS and then say we can't make money. I beg your pardon? It's about control. SCP events would've been part of ANDRA Sport Compact provided ANDRA gave, "...complete control over the event to Ray." What the?!?

i think also the lack of racers supporting events has a fair bit to do with it. also the only a hand full of people in SC have sponsoship makes ithard for people to travel, most people running in the V8 side of andrs in super street and higher ranking classes, a high percentage have sponsorship.

96 pre-entries in SRWD for Jambo - yep, sounds like a terrible turn-out to me....

and then theres spectators, we get stuff all spectators to our events which also has a fair bit to do with it.

I agree again but Jamboree was packed full of punters.

Who knows?!?!

Adrian

the missus and I will be up there to spectate

would love to compete at the jamboree one year but not this year.

we are using the time for 4 days up there two days for her things and two days for my things.

Jamboree :P

I agree 100% - Willowbank being in SCP's pocket doesn't help though. They're too scared or too tied up in deals with Ray's crew to run a Sport Compact event in their calendar. FWIW, I enquired some months ago and was told by the track manager that WB Raceway had absolutely no intention of running Sport Compact oriented events in their calendar.

The problem is that the argument was that there was no money to be made out of ANDRA Sport Compact events. Let's give it one go, (Jambo), have a HUGE SUCCESS and then say we can't make money. I beg your pardon? It's about control. SCP events would've been part of ANDRA Sport Compact provided ANDRA gave, "...complete control over the event to Ray." What the?!?

96 pre-entries in SRWD for Jambo - yep, sounds like a terrible turn-out to me....

I agree again but Jamboree was packed full of punters.

Who knows?!?!

Adrian

adrian, i was refering to the other evetns from jamboree. jamboree last year was not a success due to ANDRA using it as part of their championship, it was successful because people know it will be good as it has been for years and still go.

sydney events you have to agree get f**k all support from racers, more sport compact cars turn up to a wednesday street meet. look how many people on this forum throw there opinion around about why it doesnt work yet havent put there arse in a car at a local SC event. thats my point.