SAU Community

Jamboree 22sept 2006

1JZ.747

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Adrian, this would give you the chance to win a different series.....

I know mate, but it's too much expense to follow a series recognised ONLY by the people racing in that series. Some of us have different goals.

Best of luck to everyone that's competing!!

Adrian

That will throw a spanner in the mix, splitting the class up 3 ways, do the cars with after market transmisions recive a weight penalty or are they moved into Oz Mod?

no aftermarket transmissions

so no powerglides, c4's no supra gearbox behind rotary etc.

if it wasnt an option from the manufacturer its not allowed.

thats interesting and will certainly limit the class.

unless carlos shows up with his manul box in, he wont bein our class.

I take it you had a bad weekend at WSID, i guess it happens to everybody when you travel. fair to say that WSID has to pic up there act in organisation & WB in its facilitys.

No water- yeah its called a drought

Id put up with all the things you listed at WB anyday over the sht way WSID is run.

WSID is the only track we refused to tow to when I had my dragster and I will never ever go there to race or spectate-would rather burn my money than spend it there.

As for more peolpe getting involved from these forums and else where-well thats not going to happen with the current state of play with import drag racing at the moment-I think the scene will struggle to hold onto some current long term members, let alone attrached new ones :D

no aftermarket transmissions

so no powerglides, c4's no supra gearbox behind rotary etc.

if it wasnt an option from the manufacturer its not allowed.

thats interesting and will certainly limit the class.

unless carlos shows up with his manul box in, he wont bein our class.

I don't think that is the case.

This is what Ray told me

Re transmissions we are talking aftermarket like Lenco, G-Force etc. As

long as the trans was available from any oem.

So I could still fit a TH400, glide in my car and be in SR but I couldn't fit a Lenco.

What box does Carlos have? Glide isn't it?

I know mate, but it's too much expense to follow a series recognised ONLY by the people racing in that series. Some of us have different goals.

Best of luck to everyone that's competing!!

Adrian

Who cares what series it is run under? It is the biggest sport compact event in Australia and if a dedicated racer like yourself doesn't want to compete how are we supposed to convince new racers?

Personally, I can't wait to race in a class that will accept me! :D New weight/record setting rules FTW!!!

I have to agree, This is going to be the bigger sports compact series and I dont really understand the comment about it only being recognised by the racers.... Just because its not under ANDRA doesnt mean its a lost cause.

But I dont mind Adrian, just means I have 1 less person to worry about beating :D

^^^^ Dont blame peeps like Adrian blame the politics (and egos that go with that) that have fractured the SC series. When i was involved in drag racing before ANDRA unified the whole deal the sport was lost in no mans land-as soon as ANDRA got national series together(in the 90's) and local track also developed great catagories like supercharged outlaws the sport went through the roof. Now this was from a whole heap of peeps in the sport getting together under the same program and putting their egos aside and making the sport very strong. This must be done with SC or it will never reach its full potential :D With the amazing popularity in imports in this country at the moment I cant believe that SC is so poor.

Im sure the Jambo will be a great weekends racing-but looking at the bigger picture it does not represent a national series

Edited by gtr660hp

I don't think so. I am happy to jump ship and go with SportCompact Group's rules. From what I can tell they are basically the same anyway, the only difference being body rule, weight limit and record setting, splitting up PRO RWD into 4cyl,2rotor and6 cyl,3 rotor and letting EFI v8's run.

These were some of the contreversial rules under the ANDRA SC series and I think Ray knows what the people want. A lot of people complained that the head of SC didn't have enough say and that the sport was still being run by the knuckle draggers.

I am happy to race in the Sport Compact Group series and then race in ANDRA events like the nationals etc. The truth is that I don't think I would mind if ANDRA ditched their sport compact "series" altogether as I feel that Ray's series has ironed out some of the rules that people weren't happy with. You must remember that the original SC rules were basically copied from the US and the US is different to Australia. The biggest thing being the amount of money in the sport. I think what Ray has done is modify those original rules to fit into the Australian SC scene.

And re the commment about 2000 quick skylines and shit all racers, you should try driving a Toyota! At last years Jambo, I can think of about 3 toyotas racing! I don't know what it is but the rotary guys know where its at and they always show up in big numbers. Maybe the import crowd is just into the fully sic dorifuto?

Yeah I hear you bout the rules under ANDRA. But has Ray got the goods to come up with a full national series and finally put SC on the map properly. The Drift thing is not as popular as you think. I sponsor a heap of drift cars and unless its a DA round the meetings are not well attended. Drift is at the early stages just like SC drag here - but the powers to be behind Drift are more pro active and eventually drift will be way bigger than SC drag (unless the drag thing has a miracle occur)

In regards to transmissions for Street RWD. This is the reply I received from Ray:

That's not a problem, as long as the trans was originally available in any type of car you can run it. i.e.. A power glide in a Supra is OK but you can't run a G-Force etc

hmm, well i think we need to suggest this to him, as the rule book doesnt really read that way. it reads that if its not factory its NOT permitted. its good news though.

GTR660 if you have a look at rays site, you can see how much he is putting in. i think this will be the thing that gets it all happening.

i understand what adrian is saying, but honeslty wether its ANDRA or not doesnt matter a fugg. Adrian himself told me about how he was handled in regards to the presentation dinner, sounds to me like there aint no respect from them, so its on really recognised by the racers too.

whether its ANDRA or ray box, its going to have the same magazine coverage, the same type of trophies, the same type of prize money, the same type of spectators and the same type of people will get out the cheque book to sponsor. i cant see to much difference. just a promoter whos giving it his best. if he makes a dollar out of it, who cares. i know i dont do business for free, as i doubt any of us do. we all need to put bread on the table.

hmm, well i think we need to suggest this to him, as the rule book doesnt really read that way. it reads that if its not factory its NOT permitted. its good news though.

GTR660 if you have a look at rays site, you can see how much he is putting in. i think this will be the thing that gets it all happening.

i understand what adrian is saying, but honeslty wether its ANDRA or not doesnt matter a fugg. Adrian himself told me about how he was handled in regards to the presentation dinner, sounds to me like there aint no respect from them, so its on really recognised by the racers too.

whether its ANDRA or ray box, its going to have the same magazine coverage, the same type of trophies, the same type of prize money, the same type of spectators and the same type of people will get out the cheque book to sponsor. i cant see to much difference. just a promoter whos giving it his best. if he makes a dollar out of it, who cares. i know i dont do business for free, as i doubt any of us do. we all need to put bread on the table.

Im not saying ANDRA is the solution- and i have dealt with Ray before and he was always very good but does he have the resouces etc to take this to the next level i.e a full national series which would mean a Jambo type event in at least 2 other states. I also know Ray has not been recieved well by ANDRA-BUT until ALL parties involved work towards a coomon goal then SC will always be at the level it is now (or worse)- a sport must grow or it will die.

I have also studied Rays rules and from my 20 years experience in drag racing there are some 'interesting' rules there that by the sound of it arent necessarily set in stone ;)

Im not saying ANDRA is the solution- and i have dealt with Ray before and he was always very good but does he have the resouces etc to take this to the next level i.e a full national series which would mean a Jambo type event in at least 2 other states. I also know Ray has not been recieved well by ANDRA-BUT until ALL parties involved work towards a coomon goal then SC will always be at the level it is now (or worse)- a sport must grow or it will die.

I have also studied Rays rules and from my 20 years experience in drag racing there are some 'interesting' rules there that by the sound of it arent necessarily set in stone ;)

it is a national championship as it does have rounds in 2 other states, nsw and vic