SAU Community

Jamboree 22sept 2006

1JZ.747

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very impressive. :P

Theres the launch, blipping the limiter just before the line.

I am very confident we'll see it demolish the 7.67 of the HKS GTR.If thats not enough to get a SportsCompact fan out to Jamboree, well i dont know what will!

Well maybe Pac vs Gas 6.9 v 6.9 would be nice! lol

I cant bloody wait.

:(

very impressive. :O

Theres the launch, blipping the limiter just before the line.

I am very confident we'll see it demolish the 7.67 of the HKS GTR.If thats not enough to get a SportsCompact fan out to Jamboree, well i dont know what will!

Well maybe Pac vs Gas 6.9 v 6.9 would be nice! lol

I cant bloody wait.

:dry:

my prediction is GAS will go much faster than a 6.9 the GAS car will be the car to beat in PRO RWD. Not taking anything away from pac, they have been great and still are, but i just dont see the rotary PRO RWD cars being able to keep up wit the 2JZ powered cars. i say this based on the fact the rotars in the USA are struggling to go 6.7 and the 2J's are consistantly in the low 6.5 to 6.4 region. Personnett actually rewrote btoh end of the record for NOPI and NHRA a couple of weeks back with the new record being 6.51 et 218 mph. there are only 4 cars in PRO RWD over there now 3 of which are 2JZGTE powered. the rotars cant get sponsorship cause they arent competitive. which is a real shame, Abels car was a work of art.

as for REECE demolishing the record, that a big call. i cant see it happening. i think he will kill the MPH but not the ET. and i base that on the fact that all the KIWI cars that have come here run huge MPH but struggle with tall the traction they get here, so they either break components or bog off the line.

dont get me wrong i would love to see it happen.

If the Kiwi Evo's are anything to go buy, they tend to get the track sussed out just in time to break then leave. I hope that Reece's car goes as hard as they can get it to but i'm not sure we'll see the 7.60's that people are suggesting.

As for GAS running 6's, when are they going to step it up? They've run high 190's on a number of occasions but can't quite get there to put a whole run together. The car is still very skatey on the same track as other cars running straight and at the moment i'd have to say I wouldn't drive a car like that.

Joe's a great peddler but putting it all together in one pass doesn't seem to be happening. Why?

Adrian

Lol you speak so much truth you toyota lover.

The Kiwi Cars coming over breaking componants etc and not getting it together. re evos etc.

Simon from Speedtech is there with Reece also - so that bit of experience will help.

I have no reason to beleive at all this car will be the same.

I think it wont be an issue. I think 7.35 @190mph. :O

On the camry yeh obviously its always been a matter of time untill GAS starts running 6.9

and then 6.8

and then 6.7

faster and faster. And PAC wont keep up.

So i think its going to be fabulous to see GAS beat PAC with a 6.9 with pac running 7.0 etc.

It doesnt happen overnight tho does it. Even tho the GAS car came along leaps and bounds, that 6.99 barrier is still there.

Its taknig time to iron out alot of stuff.

Its what soo many fans want to see. :dry:

Everyone loves to see the best be beaten.

:D

Mick

Edited by wrxkilla

Please don't mistake my thoughts for knocking the potential of the Camrydore. It's a great engine package and has all the right bits to go quick. I'm just wondering who is doing their chassis and bar work for them.

I know it has a Streetcar Fabrications sticker on it which means Craig has had a hand in it at some point (a very, very good thing) but I don't see anyone doing the things that other cars at this level do on the start-line. Is it all about the engine in this car?

PAC wont run a 6.70 with the car the way it is now. It is super consistant and even went rounds in Super Stock trim at the East Coast Nationals but it's a consistant 7.0-7.1 car NOT a 6.7-6.8 car. I have no doubt that their new car will step it up again.

7.35? Holy shit I hope you're right but I doubt it's gonna happen at Jambo. It's great that Simon is there too. Is Andre over for a look? :O

Adrian

end of the day - i gunna say this - what experience with any pro cars have i had nothing! so lol. :woot: i dont know shit. so take anything i say as either a joke, jest, or plain wishing, or some form of gossip i heard. lol

:rant: - im not pretending i know anything about the pro cars, only what ive observed.

now back to the gossip, what i heard was that chassis the GAS car runs was really only good for 8s... from a pro stock car.

The Motor in that car is for sale as they now have a 6.40 engine from the states? And a new chassis is on the way.

gotta love the gossip ring.

:D

Edited by wrxkilla

as far as im aware, the only real difference between joes combo and the combo on personnett scion that runs 6.40 is gearbox and joe isnt running quite as big of turbo.

i was under the impression that the chasis had gone mid 6's many times before with the v8 in it.

I've also heard that the engine in the Camrydore is only a 3L where the US teams are running 200-inch plus motors i.e. 3.4L.

Is this the case?

The chassis was ex-Aussie Pro Stock racer Gavin Handley's car and ran 8's. I don't believe it ever dipped into the 7's. No doubt there have been changes to the chassis since then.

Adrian

this might be slightly off topic guys, what happen if my gtr dips into the high 10 at the jambo? Will I be disqualified?

I've 6 points harness and a 4 points cage + side intrusion bars. The roll cage has not been certified by any tech.

It depends on the mood of the meeting director/ANDRA division director on the day. I've seen people get assholed immediately and i've also seen people allowed to run providing they back it down and don't run another 10.

Of course if you go out and run a 10.20 you have stuff all chance of being allowed to continue racing, backing it down or not.

Adrian

For what its worth guys - in NZ the EVOs also had the reputation of being quite hit and miss for a while, I guess ultimately the EVOs dont have quite as fancy transmissions available to them as the GTRs - and they don't run autos (the ability to load up converters etc) so it was possibly a bit premature to go over to Oz when they hadn't even mastered the NZ tracks. The Rayglass datto and the Croydens GTR have gone over previously, and iirc neither disappointed.

Heat Treatments GTR has been under development for much longer, and has always been a consistant runner. It has already cut an 7.81 with the current engine combination in NZ - and has always been "efficient" with its trap speeds. I am pretty sure I remember comments elsewhere on this forum about how slow its trap speed for its 7.9....

I'm not going to make a call on what the car will go like, but I think they're not just over for the one meet - and they've already done a 7. No matter what happens its going to be a show worth going to, but I suspect they won't leave until they've beaten HKS's time.

this might be slightly off topic guys, what happen if my gtr dips into the high 10 at the jambo? Will I be disqualified?

I've 6 points harness and a 4 points cage + side intrusion bars. The roll cage has not been certified by any tech.

if its not tech inspected they dont care that you have a cage etc. it has to be passed by one of them.

you will need a super street license if you run 12.5 or faster so i would be getting one of them prior to jambo. then if you dip into the tens, you can say i have a super street license i didnt want to run tens, i wind the boost back, sorry, and hopefully they will let you keep running.

if you dont have a super street and you go quicker than 12.5 you are gone.