SAU Community

Jamboree 22sept 2006

1JZ.747

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if its not tech inspected they dont care that you have a cage etc. it has to be passed by one of them.

you will need a super street license if you run 12.5 or faster so i would be getting one of them prior to jambo. then if you dip into the tens, you can say i have a super street license i didnt want to run tens, i wind the boost back, sorry, and hopefully they will let you keep running.

if you dont have a super street and you go quicker than 12.5 you are gone.

Thanks for the info but damn that means more work is needed to be done before the jambo :P:P

The car aldready ran 11.7 at night time with some sort of timing problem. It should have another 50-60rwkw on tap if this is sorted in time. Then again it may has less power than current power during a hot day lol :(

Excuse some very basic question, but this my first time at the Jambo and I don't really want to have one run then spend the rest of the time in the spectator seat. What do I need to do and who to contact to be able to run high 10 at the jambo? Is there anyone near the Gold Coast that could inspect my roll cage?

Super Street licences are for racers quicker than 12.0. If you dont at least have one of them, i dont rate your chances of being able to continue racing in the event you run a 10.x

From ANDRA:

SUPER STREET LICENCE PACKAGE Cars slower than 10.99 and M/Cycles slower than 10.50 with an unmodified Swing arm. Total cost with ANDRA Associate Membership, Injured Drivers Fund Levy, ANDRA Rule Book $110.00.

Adrian

Thanks for the info but damn that means more work is needed to be done before the jambo :woot::wub:

The car aldready ran 11.7 at night time with some sort of timing problem. It should have another 50-60rwkw on tap if this is sorted in time. Then again it may has less power than current power during a hot day lol >_<

Excuse some very basic question, but this my first time at the Jambo and I don't really want to have one run then spend the rest of the time in the spectator seat. What do I need to do and who to contact to be able to run high 10 at the jambo? Is there anyone near the Gold Coast that could inspect my roll cage?

its not just a roll cage mate

you need fire proof pants jacket shoes and gloves that meet sfi standards, theres $1600 easy. tranny blanket theres another $160. you have to have a medical and send the results down to head office at andra in south australia with an application and cheque. Ulimited license is what you need to run 10.99 and quicker. its $260 for the license andother $200 for the medical, then the car has to be tech inspected which is another $150 from memory. you need a battery isolation switch which are about $50 plus you need to wire it in. you also need a 5 point harness that meets SFI rules theres another $250.

If you have abolt in cage from japan they wont pass it either. needs to be cold drawn seemless mild steel and certain thickness, or chrome molly, plus if its bolt in you have to use ANDRA approved clefts. which the jap ones wont pass.

your chances of having all this by next weekend are sweet fugg all buddy.

go get a super street license which takes 15 mins, run 11.00 or slower and you will have no issues.

Edited by 1JZ.747

I've also heard that the engine in the Camrydore is only a 3L where the US teams are running 200-inch plus motors i.e. 3.4L.

Is this the case?

The chassis was ex-Aussie Pro Stock racer Gavin Handley's car and ran 8's. I don't believe it ever dipped into the 7's. No doubt there have been changes to the chassis since then.

Adrian

Reading the records that were set at the AC Delco East Coast Nationals I saw this:

Super Sedan / BB

Joe Signorelli (NSW) Toyota / Toyota 182T 7.029 N/A

Joe Signorelli (NSW) Toyota / Toyota 182T 197.77 mph

Awesome effort in resetting both ends of the Super Sedan/Blown 6-cyl record but the important thing for me was the "182T". That's very slightly under 3L isn't it? 2.98?

Awesome work if it's not a stroker like some of the American cars I've seen.

Adrian

its not just a roll cage mate

you need fire proof pants jacket shoes and gloves that meet sfi standards, theres $1600 easy. tranny blanket theres another $160. you have to have a medical and send the results down to head office at andra in south australia with an application and cheque. Ulimited license is what you need to run 10.99 and quicker. its $260 for the license andother $200 for the medical, then the car has to be tech inspected which is another $150 from memory. you need a battery isolation switch which are about $50 plus you need to wire it in. you also need a 5 point harness that meets SFI rules theres another $250.

If you have abolt in cage from japan they wont pass it either. needs to be cold drawn seemless mild steel and certain thickness, or chrome molly, plus if its bolt in you have to use ANDRA approved clefts. which the jap ones wont pass.

your chances of having all this by next weekend are sweet fugg all buddy.

go get a super street license which takes 15 mins, run 11.00 or slower and you will have no issues.

Damn I thought most of that was only necessary for the 9 sec or faster brackets, looks like I am a bit behind with these safety standards.....thanks for the info. If I know this earlier I would have got all of them done while I was in SA :)

Looks like I will only need a race suit, tranny blanket, andra inspection and a lodge the application. I got most of the others. Cage was built in SA to meet the Andra and CAMS so hopefully I will get through. I am a medico so will get one of my colleague to give me an exam.

It's still doable if I get my act together. I probably won't run below 11 but it's no fun backing off with drag race.

BTW if any of you guys want a medical at the race track for cheaper price let me know :)

Thanks again for the info.

Bracket racing isnt as much about quikest ET, its about consistency. If you de-tune your car to run low 11s all day, you will be more competitive than if you ring its neck, as your times will vary due to factors such as weather, track temp, driver error etc. Save the big ET charge for a street meet.

Damn I thought most of that was only necessary for the 9 sec or faster brackets, looks like I am a bit behind with these safety standards.....thanks for the info. If I know this earlier I would have got all of them done while I was in SA :)

Looks like I will only need a race suit, tranny blanket, andra inspection and a lodge the application. I got most of the others. Cage was built in SA to meet the Andra and CAMS so hopefully I will get through. I am a medico so will get one of my colleague to give me an exam.

It's still doable if I get my act together. I probably won't run below 11 but it's no fun backing off with drag race.

BTW if any of you guys want a medical at the race track for cheaper price let me know :)

Thanks again for the info.

Didn't stop the Supra allegedly qualifying illegally at the last Jambo so why should it stop these guys this time?

Cause its a different series this time :)

I dont think I am going to do so well at jambo, car was all over the track last wednesday.....

Didn't stop the Supra allegedly qualifying illegally at the last Jambo so why should it stop these guys this time?

carlos didnt have the full exhaust on the saturday, he offered to withdraw from the class and just do exhibition runs. i dont know who made the decision but they allowed him to use the times for qualifiying and he had to run the full exhaust on sunday. i only found this out after competition had finished on the sunday night last year.

as a competitor who runs to the rules every meet. i will be lodging protests for anyone who doesnt comply to class rules. if they dont do some thing about it adrian, i will pull every bit of trim & carpet etc to lose weight and go faster, if some one complains i will have my defence good for one good for another. and if they pull me out, i'll be the first to fire legal action up some ones arse.

theres a rule book for a reason. people should read the f**king thing before they show up to race. the old i didnt know about it doesnt fly with me.

Rule Book States:

Street RWD - EXHAUST - All vehicles must run effective mufflers, exiting behind rear tyres below sill panel level.

Not sure what class trent's running in, but thats what it says for street rwd

carlos didnt have the full exhaust on the saturday, he offered to withdraw from the class and just do exhibition runs. i dont know who made the decision but they allowed him to use the times for qualifiying and he had to run the full exhaust on sunday. i only found this out after competition had finished on the sunday night last year.

as a competitor who runs to the rules every meet. i will be lodging protests for anyone who doesnt comply to class rules. if they dont do some thing about it adrian, i will pull every bit of trim & carpet etc to lose weight and go faster, if some one complains i will have my defence good for one good for another. and if they pull me out, i'll be the first to fire legal action up some ones arse.

theres a rule book for a reason. people should read the f**king thing before they show up to race. the old i didnt know about it doesnt fly with me.

Hang on...the car was only do andra licencing passes ...so no one is bending the rules....the car is being set up for Jambo now and will conform to all rules.......so keep ya fkn panties on

*EDIT....confirmed pipe is already done

Edited by gtr660hp

Hang on...the car was only do andra licencing passes ...so no one is bending the rules....the car is being set up for Jambo now and will conform to all rules.......so keep ya fkn panties on

*EDIT....confirmed pipe is already done

my initial post was to say remind them they need it as in the videos when they have been testing they didnt have a full exhaust. i was being nice and giving a friendly reminder in case they didnt know

i have my skirt on thankyou,

i am just saying to adrian post if people dont comply i will lodge a protest. i wasnt having a go at your buddy.

i reckon street rwd is going to kick ass this year. 72 entire all ready and it would appear there are 4 or 5 cars that will be fighting it out for the national record.

Shit, thats a lot of entries for SRWD.....

who are the 5 cars so I can keep an eye our for them....

well its my opinion.

i reckon it will be a tussle between

ben diggles, you, me and the mercury silvia

you, me and the silvia have all done pretty similar times, ben has run 9.1 at 150 on slicks, it will come down to what he can get the radials to do and if he can back it up within the 1% rule.

its probably going to be easier for the rest of us as we arent as quick. there may be other cars to mate, jus the others on the list i dont know about.

Carlos is running the supra in sport mod on slicks so he can use the transbrake. so hes not in the class any more, cant wait to see it do an 8 sec pass at mid 150 mph or more.

they had 96 entries last year when it included AWD but only 60 showed up.

would be good if we could have a top ten shoot out at night with the colder air on the saturday night.