SAU Community

Jamboree 22sept 2006

1JZ.747

Pitty the place is a shit hole. no water, no power, toilets 2km away, no showers, poor PA system. if it wasnt for good company last time i would never consider camping there again.

For sure!! The people at WB are awesome and nothing is too much trouble.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pitty the place is a shit hole. no water, no power, toilets 2km away, no showers, poor PA system. if it wasnt for good company last time i would never consider camping there again.

No water- yeah its called a drought

Id put up with all the things you listed at WB anyday over the sht way WSID is run.

WSID is the only track we refused to tow to when I had my dragster and I will never ever go there to race or spectate-would rather burn my money than spend it there.

As for more peolpe getting involved from these forums and else where-well thats not going to happen with the current state of play with import drag racing at the moment-I think the scene will struggle to hold onto some current long term members, let alone attrached new ones :(

Edited by gtr660hp

I think Stuart means no water/taps available in the pits.

When we were there in September last year there was a shit load of water!!! Almost 2 inches through the whole venue!!

Adrian

I cant wait for Jambo and if SRWD doesnt have any AWD or 4WD then I have a better chance of being top qualifier.... :/

Adrian,

your not going to make the trip up just because you wont get any points towards your championship?

When we were there in September last year there was a shit load of water!!! Almost 2 inches through the whole venue!!

Adrian

Thats an understatement to say the least....i reckon there was at least 6 inches in the corner of my tent.....water that is...lol

the rule book is out mother fuggers

AWD have there own class, looks like a tussle between the big heav cressida and the light weight 13b mx5 for top qualfier, unless calros comes out int he millenium supra, then we have no chance, 10.04 at 150 mph last year witha 2.3 sixty foot. theres a high 8 in that car

the rule book is out mother fuggers

AWD have there own class, looks like a tussle between the big heav cressida and the light weight 13b mx5 for top qualfier, unless calros comes out int he millenium supra, then we have no chance, 10.04 at 150 mph last year witha 2.3 sixty foot. theres a high 8 in that car

hahahaha you make it sound like your at a disadvantage..... I probably wont get a chance to practice before the event as my axles are 3 weeks away :ninja:

10.04 @ 150mph is pretty impressive.... I dont think my car has a chance going that mph.

Whats the link for the rule book.... I was at the site but it didnt appear to be downloadable...

No trans brake is ok, I havent got mine sorted out yet anyway.

Running alcohol wont affect me either. I might see if I can afford to buy some C16 for the event and up the boost.

Any other exciting changes?

Adrian,

are you going to enter this series?

no aftermarket transmissions

so no powerglides, c4's no supra gearbox behind rotary etc.

if it wasnt an option from the manufacturer its not allowed.

thats interesting and will certainly limit the class.

unless carlos shows up with his manul box in, he wont bein our class.