SAU Community

Anyone See Sunrise This Morning

cefiro

Thay had a quick segment on drifting (crappy QLD head of police was on) basically saying she was concerned about the movie tokyo drift (no she had not seen it). What a crock anyway, they showed a fair bit of drifting including a quick segment providing a few A31 sliding which was cool.

Anyway was good to see, but pissed about the tone of the segment.

Thay had a quick segment on drifting (crappy QLD head of police was on) basically saying she was concerned about the movie tokyo drift (no she had not seen it). What a crock anyway, they showed a fair bit of drifting including a quick segment providing a few A31 sliding which was cool.

Anyway was good to see, but pissed about the tone of the segment.

this always happens when movies like this come out. Everyone jumps on the bandwagon (for & against) and the industry becomes shit until people lose interest. :thumbsup:

i wanna see the segment.

I think we should ban all movies that have a car chase scene.

And any that have a car speeding.

Or leaving their car and not locking it.

Then the roads would be safe again... :devil:

stupid kneejerk reactions

Guest a31rb25

the story wasn't entirely negative, Kochie gave an unbias comment, but agreed that the Qld police chick came across as a staunch monarchist "it's about those import things, asian made they are, bad, negative"

as many of you have probably seen, Boaty from DA/NS.com has left a link in a post about this segment. leave a post on there, help promote the notion that the drift community is not a bunch of hoons and wants to use race tracks to practice our hobby.

I didnt personally see the segment. I have read a heap of different posts on it tho. The problem i see with such a movie is we are going to get a heap of ricers trying to drift in stupid spots i mean isnt there somewhere in the movie showing guys drifting in car park? How many of you can see young guys drifting in such spots?

I didnt personally see the segment. I have read a heap of different posts on it tho. The problem i see with such a movie is we are going to get a heap of ricers trying to drift in stupid spots i mean isnt there somewhere in the movie showing guys drifting in car park? How many of you can see young guys drifting in such spots?

Spot on. There will be idiots that get reved up (pardon the pun) when leaving the moive. There were with the last two, so it only makes sense it will happen with this one.

Dont do it yourself and get over it.

The real problem with this movie is when the media start singling out every 16.5 year old weener thinking they are the new Kazama when they write off their mums commodore, and blame it on the 'Drift Scene' :P

Dunno if this makes sense to the topic.. Just my rant for this Americanised pos movie. Stupid Americans

Edited by Drift_Limo

The real problem with this movie is when the media start singling out every 16.5 year old weener thinking they are the new Kazama when they write off their mums commodore, and blame it on the 'Drift Scene' :P

Dunno if this makes sense to the topic.. Just my rant for this Americanised pos movie. Stupid Americans

Same with stuff being blamed on the drag scene. But that does ok!

Thing is dude, and you really cant deny it, a bloody lot of drifters do there stupid stuff (practice) on the street (yes I know industrial estates 1am, nothing is about doesnt disturb anyone, but its still a public road). Drifters have created their own image.

Thing is dude, and you really cant deny it, a bloody lot of drifters do there stupid stuff (practice) on the street (yes I know industrial estates 1am, nothing is about doesnt disturb anyone, but its still a public road). Drifters have created their own image.

I agree drifters have made there own image but until now we have stayed underground. I mean even where im from we have stayed out of the way of the law an attention of other road users.

crash.jpg

Hey guys, as a drifter I love the sport, Haven't yet seen the movie - I will get around to it but My first reaction was that, ALOT of f*ktards are going to get in their cars after seeing this movie and write themselves off and unfortunatly it is already happening and giving the sport many of us love a bad name.

Im not pretending to be all high and mighty, I too have done skids on public roads, never really at ridiculous speeds but all the same I have done it, late at night tucked in my own little quiet corners in industrial areas. I know lots of us do. We more or less get away with it too, some of us have lost our car because of it... the concern is when wanna be's see this and go off when they see movies like this which pumps people up...

think back to the first two movies - geez there were alot of neon lights popping up under civics EVERYWHERE and this movie will spawn the same thing only much more dangerous - I can actually see the cops and mothers everywhere concerns, coz shit when I heard about this movie these were my thoughts!

Tell ya friends to take the dori to the track, it'll make the sport grow and you ain't gonna kill anyone in the process!!

GET ON THE DORI.